Ch. 18 A bet

The next morning was even more eventful because Harry and Ron stole the car and were seen driving it by muggles.

Snape and McGonagall were very angry at them and at the start of the year, both of them lost 50 points each with detention.

Some of the more idiotic people mostly Griffindor students had a very twisted sense of pride as to what both of them had done. I couldn't understand.

Well for me it was a pretty normal morning waking up at 6. Going for a run doing push-ups, crunches and squats.

Take a shower and wait in the common room for everyone no one in my group woke up early. I have tried to recruit Ted in but he had outright rejected me. The girls would make annoying faces whenever I would bring this up. So I kind of gave up.

They found me at my usual place in the morning on the Sofa but this time I had my Gameboy with Tetris so I was fine waiting for them.

I saw them and got up and said "Good Morning everyone. "  We then proceeded to the Great Hall.

In the Great Hall, we all sat down and were having breakfast. Today was a Wednesday so Herbology with Griffindor.

We then went to the greenhouse, I was standing there talking to Ted about how Ted was having troubles with his father because of me.

"I am sorry to hear that Ted." I sighed. Being a death eater's son is not easy.
Prof. Sprout came in and gave formal introductions "Welcome to Greenhouse three, second years. Now gather around everyone. Today we are going to hear how to re-pot a Mandrake."

she asked, "Who can tell me about the property of Mandrake root?"

Hermione's hand went up with the speed of light and Prof. Sprout said "Anyone...Anyone at all...Yes, Miss Granger." In actuality, Ted, Coco and I knew the properties but didn't bother because why bother Hermione is going to answer it anyway so let's just hang back and relax

She said "Mandrake or Mandragora is used to return those who have been petrified to their original state. It's also quite dangerous. Mandrake's cry is fatal to anyone who hears it."

Sprout said "Excellent 10 points to Griffindor"

She then said "Now as our Mandrakes are still only seedlings their cry is still not fatal but could knock you out for several hours.
This is why I've provided you with Earmuffs for protection."
Sprout said, "Now put on these earmuffs for your safety, now we are going to uproot the mandrake...." She pulled a naked looking mole baby looking plant who was shrieking ".....and place them in a new pot in front of you and pour sprinkle soil in the pot." Nevil fainted and Sprout said "It looks like Longbottom's been neglecting his earmuffs" Some people laughed mostly from Slytherin.
Sheamus said, "No mam he just fainted."
She said, "Well, just leave him there he will be fine." "Now there are plenty of pots. Remember to grasp your Mandrake and pull it up sharply."
We pulled it up and not going to lie upfront it is more ugly it looked like Deadpool but in vegetable form.

After the Herbology classes were over we headed towards Great Hall for lunch. In the Great Hall, Harry got his photos clicked by the fanboy and Griffindor table got an incoming owl that crash-landed on their table.

It was Ron's owl. He got a howler from his mother and he foolishly decided to open it in front of everyone and got utterly humiliated. In my opinion, a very foolish thing to do.

Even Daphne chuckled a little at Ron's predicament. After Herbology was Transfiguration and Double Potions.

Transfiguration was my favourite class and because this year we can use more 'advanced' spells than before and required less assistance from prof. so I was excited. Most of the first lectures were mostly theory-based so nothing exciting happens I was mostly lazy around the class.

The last class was of Gilderoy Lockhart. Before our group went in I said to the girls "Do you want to bet that his class is going to be disappointing?"
Girls said, "Okay, What do you want to bet?"
I said "One no questions asked favour from each of you. How about that?" they discussed that amount themselves and said "Deal"
Ted asked, "Are you sure about this?" I gave a smile and said "A hundred per cent."
We went inside the class and I decided to sit with Coco cause it is going to be fun.
She said, "Why are you smiling like that you never smile like that?"
I whispered into her ears "You are going to lose that is why."
She was blushing but composed herself and said "We will see about that."
Lockhart entered the class and in full showmanship introduced himself "Let me introduce you to your new DADA teacher ME Gilderoy Lockhart."
He started to descend down the stairs and every girl was swooning over him even Daphne was making a weird face. I didn't like the guy one bit but had to put up a face.
He looked at me and waved his hand as to say how are you I replied in kind.
He then continued while descending down "the Order of Merlin, third class, an Honorary Member of the Dark Force Defence League, and the five-time winner of Witch Weekly's Most-Charming-Smile Award." and at the end gave a pretty good charming smile the man was a good hype man, have to give him credit there

And continued "But I don't like to talk about that I didn't get rid of Bandon Banshee by smiling at them." and at this point, every girl was swooning over him and every guy had made him a common enemy like at this point the boys were united under the common hatred of Lockhart even Malfoy and Ron.

Then he handed out a quiz that was about him and gave us a thirty-minute time limit to answer the question there were about 40 questions I answered about 31.
He was impressed with Hermione because she knew what was his ultimate goal "To rid the world of evil and launch his own hair product line."
I asked Coco "How do you feel about his lecture now?"
She was worried and said "It is still good"
I said, "We will see about that."

He then said, "Now! be warned it is my job to arm you against the foulest creatures known to wizardkind." He touched the cage which was covered with maroon cloth. The cage started to shake and everyone was getting nervous
"You may find yourselves facing your worst nightmares in this room." Coco kind of held onto my robe I said in a low soothing voice "Everything is going to be fine." she relaxed a little but didn't let go of the robe.
Lockhart continued "Know only that no harm can befall you whilst I am here. I must ask you not to scream, it might provoke them!" He unveiled the cage and we found Pixies underneath it. Coco was now relieved that it wasn't something dangerous and let go of my robe.

Sheamus said "Cornish Pixies?"
Lockhart continued "Freshly picked" Everyone was now sort of laughing. and he continued "Laugh all you want Mr Finnegan but pixies can be devilishly tricky little blighters, let's see how you all handle them" He then opened a cage and I used the shielding charm around my group of people Coco, Daphne, Olivia, Ted and me.
The pixies started to attack the students and while everyone was having trouble I was laughing my ass off. Nevil got a wedge from pixies and the dragon skeleton got destroyed.
Some people tried to enter the barrier I created but couldn't Lockhart fled the class and Hermione was the one who stopped the pixies I then didn't say anything and just looked at Coco.
She gave an annoyed face and said "Fine you win the Bet."
I said, "Thank you milady."
While I was busy with Coco everyone gave me glares and Harry said "Why didn't you help us?"
I said, "I am not obligated to help any of you." When I said that most of the people understood what I meant because I was ostracized by almost everyone I wasn't under any obligation to help any of them I only helped the people who were close to me that is it.

My group left the DADA class as a group that was unharmed. We then went to the common room to relax because we didn't want to so we just relaxed in the common room.
--------------------------------
The segment with Cotton  🐍

Greetings readers, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Thank you for voting and commenting on the chapter.
I didn't really have something to say so I will say this How are you Guys?
I also have a small update I have started an original book but I will be still working on this book as well. I have already finished the chapter for the next day. If you want to read about the new book it is titled The Chaos Wizard. It is set in a modern fantasy magical world. Do give it a read if you are interested.

Thank you to all the people who voted.

pokemon112604, Marianaakexia, Patar, Crashbarcode, Oracle, Sunnyside, Buttuhdawg, Lamb09, Crowof Judgement, User25005399, pikachuonessie, Zeroosy, autark, strikos.