Ch. 32 Dealing with secrets pt.1

We then headed for Lockharts Office and Harry said "Lockhart may be useless, but he's going to try and get into the Chambers at least we can tell him what we know."

We then barged into Lockhart's office upstairs and found him frantically packing. and Harry asked "Going somewhere?"

Lockhart was surprised and said "Well, yes. Urgent call. Unavoidable. Got to go."

Ron said, "What about my sister?"

Lockhart said "Well... As to that, most unfortunate. No one regrets more than I."

Ron said "You're the Defence against Dark Arts teacher. You can't leave now"

Lockhart was still frantically packing and said "I must say, when I took the job, there was nothing in the job description about..."

I blocked his path and said, "You can't run Lockhart, be the hero you are. The hero from your book"

Lockhart said "I am no hero I never did anything that is written in those books. I am a fraud. I just took credits from other wizards who did all those stuff."

Ron asked, "Is there anything you can do?"

Lockhart said "I'm rather gifted with memory charms. Otherwise, all those wizards would have gone blabbing and I'd never have sold another book." He then moved towards his table to get his wands and when he turned.

I said, "That is very unfortunate but you will still have to accompany us to the chambers."

-------------------------------------------

We then dragged him to the second-floor toilet and moaning myrtle asked "Hello Harry. What do you want?"

Harry said, "We wanted to ask you, how you died?"

Myrtle said "It was dreadful. It happened right here in this very cubicle." She sobbed a little and continued "I'd hidden...." I tuned it out I wasn't interested in her sad story but it was because I had heard it before.

She said "I just remember seeing a pair of great, big, yellow eyes... over there by that sink." and she went away and then Harry looked around and said, "This is it, I think this is the entrance to the chamber of secrets."

Ron said, "Say something in Parseltongue."

Harry said "Open." in Parseltongue and the entrance revealed itself.

and I said, "So it's a slide?"

Lockhart said "Excellent work there Harry. Well then, I'll just be... there no need for me to stay" and tried to leave but Ron and I just pushed him back

Ron said, "You first."

Lockhart said, "Now what good will it do?"

I said, "Better you than us."

Lockhart said "Good point" and turned around and was "Sure you don't..." I just kicked him in and all of us heard his scream.

Harry looked at me and I said "What he was stalling?" Ron and Harry then nodded

and Harry asked "You okay Lockhart?"

He said, "It's very filthy down here."

Harry then asked, "Who first?"

I just rolled my eyes and jumped in and after me was Harry and Ron. They found me pointing my wand at Lockhart. Harry then said, "Close your eyes at any sign of moment."

I then lead them all into the chambers and we saw the Basilisk's skin and Lockhart Fainted and Ron said: "Oh, for Merlin's sake this man is useless." Lockhart then suddenly got up and took Ron wand and said "The adventure ends her boys. But Don't fret. The world will know our story. How I was too late to save the girl.