Part 2, Chapter 27: the blonds family

George POV.

Without a word she led me upstairs, I could see her shaking slightly but I didn't say anything. She opened the door to reveal a small apartment. Old faded wallpaper showing designs in shades of blue wrapped around the room which had barely any furniture besides a basic kitchen, a table, a fireplace, and a bookshelf.

She motioned for me to sit down at one of the 4 seats on the table before moving around to sit opposite me. Her chair legs scraped against the wooden floor and caused a girl to come out of one of the adjoining rooms.

"Mum... what are you... who is..." she looked from me to her mother, seemingly recognising me but not sure where from. I looked back at her and saw that she looked identical to her brother, same coloured hair, same coloured eyes, same freckles over her face.

Puffy beckoned for me to turn around and so I did, showing her the shirt with the number 4 on the back. The girl instantly gasped, recognising the shirt as the one her brother wore and she immediately sat down.

"Your name is George Davidson... correct?" Puffy asked, her expression still making her seem like she had seen a ghost. I nodded. "How did you get here? Is Clay with you? What happened in the arena when the cameras turned off?" Once she started speaking it seemed like the questions couldn't stop flooding out.

"I managed to escape the arena..." I stated, getting her to quieten down, and both her and the girl to listen. "They cut the cameras off because I'm assuming they don't want people to know they lost a tribute. Nobody else got out though, they are back at the Capitol... I hope..."

"You hope?" the blond girl asked, and I looked away from Puffy to her.
"From outside the arena I saw a bunch of hovercrafts go in and I'm assuming they took the tributes, I think they headed towards the Capitol. I don't know what happened from there... I'm sorry."

"That was 2 weeks ago," the girl muttered, "anything could have happened to Clay and the other tributes by now."
"Please... can you help me hide. Or get home. Please..." the desperation in my voice was obvious, but for the moment they ignored it, definitely still worried about Clay.

"How did you get here from the arena George?" Puffy finally spoke up. Her blue eyes stared intently at me.
"W-well I walked. I learnt how to fish for food from Clay. Eventually I came across this District, but I didn't know which one it was. When I discovered it was District 4 I figured you guys were probably the most trustworthy, because I trusted Clay and I assumed..."

I cut myself off, a tear rolling down my cheek and felt their eyes still on me. So ignoring their worried looks I raised my hand to my face and sobbed into it. There was silence for a few moments before Puffy spoke up.

"We can keep you here for the night," She announced, causing me to look up. "Your arm is injured and I know enough first aid to help. I'll fix it up tonight and then you can rest tomorrow during the day, since there are a lot of peacekeepers on the street then. Tomorrow night, we will take you to Techno. He can help."

Techno. The only victor that District 4 had had since after the 75th games. He'd won the male 76th games. Apparently Techno didn't have a family or anything, claims that they were killed in the 2nd rebellion and they were the only people who knew his real name.

Just like Clay, he was talented with a large range of weapons, and proved it easily. He even killed all of the career tributes during the bloodbath without getting a drop of blood on him, okay well a drop of his blood.
I didn't want to see him, I felt like any time he appeared on the TV screens that he'd attack whoever was on there with him, or break a camera or something.

His cold, staring, red eyes, which were clearly contacts, and pink hair that he dyed after winning the game along with the way he dressed made him even more scary. His royal appearance and dangerous personality got the Capitol to give him the nickname 'the blood god'.

The time he had spent in the game he looked entirely different, his hair was a shorter brown, and his eyes were much darker, but after his interview and before his victory tour he changed his appearance. He grew taller, dyed his hair and grew it out, and now dresses as though he came from the Capitol.

I nodded at Puffy's offer, and she smiled warily at me. "Drista, are you fine with George sleeping in Clay's bed in your room?" she asked.
The blond girl watched me for a moment before nodding. "Sure. That's fine I guess. If you were Clay's ally I trust you enough."

She stood up and led me to a bedroom. It was quite small, with 2 beds in it and a table in between. One of the beds seemed like they hadn't been slept on in weeks... which I guess they haven't. Drista, sat down on one of the beds and beckoned for me to sit down on the other, which I did.

This must be Clay's bed. I leaned against the pillow and settled into it, watching as Puffy came to the door holding a first aid kit. She told me to take my shirt off, and so after a moment of hesitation I did.

She began assessing the wounds I had, the burn on my arm, and the ones that I had gotten in the arena that her son had bandaged up. Puffy assessed the injuries and concluded that the one on my right arm had been infected, but gave me some antibiotics for it. She concluded that the injury on my arm and calf were fine and re-bandaged them.

After that she gave me some of Clay's clothes, and I went into their small bathroom to change. All clothes in the Districts usually had several owners, so I was generally fine wearing clothes that belonged to someone else.

However, wearing clothes that belonged to Clay made me feel different to how I usually felt. It was warm and made me feel safe, even though I was hundreds of miles from home, from Wilbur.

I decided to get rid of my brother from my mind as I climbed into Clay's bed, getting comfortable under the blankets and trying to sleep without worrying too much about the blond or my own family.
_________________________________________
1128 words.