Part 2, Chapter 29: Techno, the district 4 victor

So I got kinda bored this morning and am currently writing one final chapter for demons following the 3 couples' kids. Will be longer than an average chapter and will be up soon, hopefully.
_________________________________________
George POV.

“Do we really have to do this?” I asked, pulling the hood of Clay’s old clothes even further down over my head so a couple wouldn’t be able to see my face. “I mean Techno might turn me over to the Capitol…”

“He wouldn’t do that. Stop being paranoid George,” Puffy scolded. I began glancing towards side streets for an escape route but she must have noticed since she placed a hand firmly on my shoulder.

“George. Why don’t you trust him? He is close friends with Beetee.” Drista hummed as she followed from a few feet behind.
“I don’t care if he is friends with my mentor. He looks like he’d put a knife through my throat the second I step close to him.” I muttered, and heard the blond girl chuckle.

Some teenagers sent me a curious glance and I shrunk even further against Puffy. She sent the teens a glare and they went back to their conversation, completely ignoring us. “Trust me, I have known Techno since he was a kid.” Puffy responded, “he’d never hurt a fly.”

“He killed like a dozen kids in the arena.” I reminded her as we excited the main part of the District and walked up the cobblestone path towards Victor’s village.
“The arena was a one time thing. He is actually very sweet. Plus he owes me a favor.”

Maybe Clay’s family was insane. Techno was definitely not sweet. He was able to kill heaps of people without batting an eyelid, no way what she said was true.
Before I could run off, we reached the gates to the village. It was a lot more formal than I had thought it would be.

A fountain with an angel statue was right at the entrance of the village. With bushes of flowers growing around it. Long grass covered the entire interior of the village with some rabbits running around freely through it, taking control of the unused land.

The majority of the village was unowned and therefore, quite messy. Plants were growing out of control. Even though the Capitol provided these houses, victors were expected to look after them themselves, I knew that because Beetee explained that when I went to his house in Victor's village once to help him with stuff.

Only one house was neatly kept, with short grass all kept under control and some seats having been put outside. This must be the one Techno lived in. Several lights were on in this house in the early evening, and the windows were open on the second floor.

I followed behind Puffy and Drista to the door, and watched as they knocked on it. After a moment a pinkette opened the door, holding it open with one hand and looking at us with tired eyes. He seemed as though he hadn’t slept in several days.

Techno had his hair pulled back messily, and his clothes were all wrinkled. He just looked at Puffy and Drista, probably not noticing me hiding behind them. When he saw them he stood up straighter.

“Puffy… what can I help you with?” he asked awkwardly.
She sighed, before looking into his eyes. “We needed your help with something… related to the games.”

The victor sighed. “Puffy… if it’s about your son then I am sorry. They are being kept in the Capitol and when I tried to get near them the gamemakers sent me back here.”
“Thank you for trying that Techno, but that’s not what I was here for.” Puffy stepped to the side and Techno got to see.

“Holy shit…” he muttered, staring me up and down as I pulled the hood of the hoodie I was wearing. “George Davidson turned up at your doorstep?” the pinkette asked, turning to look back at Puffy and Drista again.

They both nodded and so Techno stood to the side and let us into his house. Just like the outside of the house, the inside was quite well kept, and not at all like I had expected. After watching the games I’d guess that he’d have knives, axes, swords, and crossbows all over the walls. Maybe some medievil torture devices as well. Oh, and a pet shark.

He led us to sit down on a couch, and seemingly inspected all of us with his cold gaze. “So what  help did you need Puffy that involves the current number one person on the Capitol’s most wanted list?” Techno eventually asked.

“I was thinking that you could help get him home…” she stated.
The pinkette cocked his head to the side in thought. “That will be difficult.” he stated for us all to hear. “We’d need something that George can hide in and then a reason to have it sent to District 3…”

For a few moments he stayed silent, his red eyes still staying focused on me as he sat in thought. After a while he smiled. “I got it.” He stood up and began walking to another room of the house, where there was a large wooden box.

“What was this for?” Drista asked curiously, walking past the victor to start examining the box, “are you going to mail George back to District 3 or something?” she asked.
Techno rolled his eyes. “Beetee and I work well together and he often sends me stuff. I could just send the box back to his house with George inside it.”

Techno stated that for the plan to work he needed to have me and him move the box, so he had the 2 of us practice carrying it through different parts of his house for some reason. When we had both begun to sweat we sat down on the couches where Drista and Puffy had been watching us.
“We still don’t know what the plan is, Techno…” Puffy reminded him.

Techno put the now empty glass of water down before beginning to explain. “An hour from now, twice a week, a Capitol train does a round trip, delivering stuff to and from several Districts. At noon, the train leaves from District 7 to deliver Lumber to all of the other Districts.”

He paused to take another drink of water before continuing. “It heads to District 1, followed by us before going to the Districts in this order; District 5, District 10, District 11, District 2, District 8, and then finally District 3.”

“How long will George be on the train for?” Drista asked the pinkette curiously.
“About 8 hours, longer if the conductors decide to take breaks and stuff. But no longer than half a day. You should be home before lunch tomorrow George.” he added at the end, turning to look at me.

I didn’t say anything. This was my only shot of getting home, even if I didn’t trust Techno 100% I knew that this might be the only chance I get. “Are you sure about this Techno?” Puffy asked, putting a protective arm around me like a mother would. The pinkette gave her a nod and she sighed. “Let’s do it then.”
_________________________________________
1215 words.

I was sitting at my computer, listening to music and writing Hunger Games, then my brain just went 'I need to write a Pokemon mcyt story'

So yeah. That happened.