Part 2, Chapter 46: arriving in District 3

Clay POV.

“We are arriving in District 3 now,” Fundy announced over the intercom as he stood beside his father. He was informing everyone on the train. It was almost 7pm. Then he turned to me as I stood beside him. “Don’t worry Clay, you will be back with your boyfriend soon.”

“He’s not my…” I stared at his knowing smirk and just pulled my peacekeeper helmet on while glaring at you. “Nevermind.”
Instead I turned over to look at the avoxes, “I’ll have your sons back here soon.” I told them.

Both of them ran over to me and hugged me, before both mouthing me a ‘good luck’. Nick, Charlie, Karl, Alex, and I were all going to try and find them. None of us had any information about the District unlike all of the others we had been to.

“Are you guys ready to go?” I asked as I looked at each of them in turn.
They all nodded in turn before we opened the door and stepped onto the dimly lit station platform. There was another train there, it was another peacekeeper transporter, like the one we were using and it put the 2 of us on edge.

We ran through the streets of the District and it was almost like it was deserted. The only people around were peacekeepers patrolling, but there was a lot of movement seen through the windows so the District was probably on curfew. The only time we saw anyone was when someone peered out of their windows through gaps in their curtains.

“Where would George live?” Karl asked quietly so nobody outside of our group could hear. “Did he tell you anything about where he could have lived?”
“Dude,” Alex responded, “they talked for like 2 days and spent half of that time having sex in the arena. I doubt they were spending too long talking about where they lived.”

I decided to ignore him even though I desperately wanted to punch him. We turned down a street and there were no peacekeepers around and so I turned to look at them. “What if we went to the Victors village?” I asked.

Nick gave me a confused glance from under his mask. “He isn’t a victor Clay, why would he be there?”
“Because Techno smuggled him onto a train and had his friends take him to Beetee. So Beetee should know where he is, or at least know somebody who does.” I pointed out.

They group all nodded in understanding and Charlie said something along the lines of ‘that’s smart’. So we began walking towards where we thought the victor's village was. We took our time to make it look like we were patrolling the area and eventually found a cobblestone path leading out of the main districts and towards a section of nicer houses.

When we checked to make sure nobody was nearby we began running, and sprinted up to the gates of the village and through them. There was one house with lights on and we went up to that, but inside of it we heard peacekeepers shouting.

George POV.

I had been silently crying in the closet while I hid from the peacekeepers, my face hidden in the folds of the warm blanket. If I thought hard enough I could convince myself that it was a person holding me, keeping me safe. My parents... my brother... Clay.

If they didn’t find me then what would happen? Would they let Wilbur, Niki, and Beetee go? Or would they torture them. None of those 3 deserved it, they didn’t do anything to deserve it. If I came out of hiding maybe they would take me and leave them.

My question was answered quickly. Soon after I heard some peacekeepers coming upstairs, one opened the door to the closet and I hoped he didn’t notice me shaking behind the blanket. Maybe he didn’t, but the peacekeeper did start pulling everything out.

Starting from the top shelf he began throwing cleaning supplies and folded blankets behind him creating a pile on the floor. Then he made his way down, before reaching the giant blanket that I was hiding behind. I tried to hold it there but he easily ripped it from my grip and threw it behind him.

I couldn’t see his face because of the mask, but he seemed happy that he found me. I imagined him having an evil glint in his eyes. He grabbed my shoulders and I yelped in surprise, trying to pull away from him, and hitting my face against the side of the closet door frame in the process.

As I groaned from the pain the peacekeeper pulled me out. “Let me go!” I yelled, trying to fight him, and he ended up kicking my legs as he tried to get me to stop struggling. He couldn’t manage to hold my arms still and as he attempted to grab me I swung my left arm around and elbowed him in the face, with enough force to crack the mask he was wearing.

He let go of me and I attempted to run, not towards the elevator because I knew there would be more peacekeepers downstairs. Instead I ran towards a window, jumping out would be better than facing a group of peacekeepers.

Before I could get anywhere though, another peacekeeper came out of the room and grabbed me roughly. I continued to try and attack him, elbowing him, kicking him, and punching him, but I couldn’t.

He grabbed me with enough force to leave bruises over my skin, and I yelled out in pain as tears began falling down my cheeks. The peacekeeper dragged me back to the one I had elbowed. “Here,” he said, “you get a free shot back at him.”

The other peacekeeper seemed to smirk under his mask as he balled up his fist and threw a punch at me, hitting me in the stomach. I groaned and fell forward, but was held up by the peacekeeper behind me.

I expected that to be it, just a punch before being dragged downstairs and getting shot, but that was not so. Another punch was thrown at my head, causing it to fall back unnaturally and my cheek to sting. Following that were more and more punches to my face and arms, and kicks to my legs, so many that I couldn’t stand on my own.

“That’s enough.” The peacekeeper holding me eventually scolded, tightening his grip on my arms more. “He is wanted alive, so don’t beat him to death.”
“I wasn’t planning on it,” the other peacekeeper retorted before beginning to make his way downstairs, and I was forced to follow behind him.

In the living room several peacekeepers were standing around. One was holding Niki, one was holding Wilbur, and was holding Beetee, and the others were all coming in from other rooms. There was another man there who I recognised as the head peacekeeper. He spun around and looked at me with a cruel smile. “It looks like your probability was wrong Beetee.” He said.

“How are you feeling George?” he asked teasingly as he walked over to me. “A lot of people from the Capitol are missing you.”
I glanced meekly up at him, not saying anything, and he continued. “It would be nice to stay and chat with you all but there is a train waiting that will be taking you to the Capitol.”

The head peacekeeper seemed psychotic, so did the other peacekeepers who were holding Wilbur, Beetee, Niki, and myself. Some more peacekeepers were entering the building too, and this is when I realised my life was over.
_________________________________________
1282 words.

Tomorrow night is going to be this stories final chapters. Then since I will be on to writing wave 3, you guys voted for:

Vampire Hunters (Karlnapity)
Blackout (Skephalo)
God's (DNF)

In that order.