Part 2, Chapter 33: a long journey

Penis.
_________________________________________
Clay POV.

The train left the Capitol, already travelling at an immense speed. Fundy and I had waited until we were out of the expanse of buildings until we pulled off our helmets. He and the avoxes worked efficiently with the control panel, making sure that everything was working easily.

There was a clipboard and pen in the corner of the room, and the female avox grabbed it before writing something down quickly on it and showing it to me. 'There will be a tracker somewhere on the train and someone will have to disable it,' she wrote.

I nodded at her before repeating it to Fundy. The redhead barely shot me a look before giving a nod. "They usually have those in one of the cargo bays, down at the end of the train," he explained. "You should take one of the avoxes, if they are from District 3 they should know how to disable it."

He continued to fiddle with the controls of the train as I left the room, the female avox following after me. There was a long corridor that went through the length of the train and we walked down it towards the cargo bays.

This train wasn't as nice as the trains that the tributes take to the Capitol. The first few rooms had tables and kitchens as well as a small common room. Then there were barrack rooms, 4 of them in a row which each had 5 sets of bunk beds. After that was 11 cargo bays, one for each District.

Yes, these trains were very long but still worked easily. I walked through the common room to see Charlie sitting in solitude and lost in thought. Part of me wanted to go see if he was okay, but that could wait until after we got the gps tracker off of the train. So I kept walking through the room and into the next.

The female avox followed me through the common room and into the barracks. The 1st and 2nd one were both empty but in the third one two bunk beds had been pushed together to make one large bed. The room was dark and 3 figures were cuddling each other as the train rocked back and forth over the tracks.

I watched them for a moment before continuing towards the door, however the female avox began walking over to the bed and tucked the trio of boys in, in a motherly way. That was to be expected though, I mean, she is George's mother. She probably just wished it was actually her son instead of a trio of boys from different districts.

The tributes snuggled up closer to each other under the blanket. Both the female avox and I watched them cuddle for a moment before leaving the room and heading to the next set of barracks. This one was also empty and so we left through to the first cargo bay.

"Which of these will have the GPS in it?" I asked the female avox.
She shrugged, before putting up 6 fingers. The district 6 cargo car. It, like all of the other cargo cars, was empty as we walked through it. With a quick look around I figured there wasn't a tracker or GPS there.

However, the avox obviously saw something that caught her interest. She walked over to the corner and grabbed a metal disk which was about the size of a coin. It was held in the palm of her hand and she examined it, before walking over to the door.

She sat down beside it and I silently moved to sit beside her, watching over her shoulder as she easily took off a plate and began messing around with the wires. After taking out and moving around a bunch of wires and other small components she snapped a red wire and snapped the panel lid back on.

Without taking her eyes off the GPS she placed it on the ground and stood up. I did the same, surprised that she managed to do that as quickly as she did. We walked back through all of the rooms to the control room at the front of the train.

I couldn't help but snicker as I saw Nick still cuddling up with the 2 other boys in the bed, but I shut up when the avox sent me a glare telling me not to wake them. I gave an apologetic look back and followed her the rest of the way to the control room.

Fundy and the male avox were both there now just sitting and keeping an eye on the tracks in front of us, not that you could see them in the dark. The boy from District 6 looked over at us as we entered the room. "Did you two manage to get rid of the GPS?" he asked.

"Yeah we did," I responded, before looking over at the female avox. "She managed to disable it pretty quickly... would there be any more?"
Fundy shook his head. "There is usually only one, at least all of the trains I helped make had that many."

I nodded at him and stood behind his seat, trying to see what to do from watching him. Just like it was with the female avox and the GPS I didn't understand any of it. Hanging around must have been a bad idea because after 5 minutes Fundy turned to me. "Do you mind keeping an eye on this while I get something to eat?"

My eyes widened, "I don't know how to run a train..." I stated, "you just tell me what you want and I'll go get it. Leaving me here will result in a train crash."
The redhead laughed. "I'm sure you'll be fine, just make sure we don't run into anything. But we are currently in the mountain tunnels heading to District 1 so there shouldn't be much."

I still wasn't certain but he stood up without giving me any room to argue. "Just ask one of the avoxes to help. Richard here seems to have it sorted out."
The male avox nodded and so I grudgingly sat down as Fundy left the room.

Both of the avoxes were also watching the door and when Fundy left the room they exchanged a glance before the female walked over to me. I watched her cautiously, unsure of what she was going to do, but was surprised when she pulled me into a hug.

I was confused and then she pulled away and she gave me a smile. Neither of them could speak but I could tell what she was saying. It was confirmed when she mouthed it after, 'thank you for looking after our son.'

"You're welcome." I responded. I gave her a smile not that I felt like smiling. It just reminded me of how I hurt George and his best friend.
_________________________________________
1158 words.