Part 2, Chapter 30: delivered

George POV.

Techno and I carried the crate over the cobblestone paths and towards the district's train station, although I was struggling at doing this way more than he was. “So what is the plan again?” I asked him, trying not to let him see that I was having difficulty.

The victor sighed, “the train will be at the station for 10 minutes, to unload wood from District 7, refuel, and load some fish in a freeze unit to send to the Capitol. I know a guy on the train who can deliver this box to District 3 without anyone else knowing.”

I nodded at his explanation, “but how do you know that he won’t turn me over?” I questioned. I figure there is most definitely a reward for my capture, or if someone could tell the peacekeepers where I was.

Techno shrugged, “I’ve helped him do plenty of things that the Capitol would most likely kill him for, if he tells them about you, I tell them about him.” The pinkette smirked smugly as he talked, and I couldn’t help but wonder what things he could be talking about, I assume murder.

We eventually reached the train station and the train still hadn’t arrived, but he beckoned for me to climb into the box, which I did. Once I had gotten comfortable he replaced the lid, and stuck something on it that he wrote back at the house, telling the peacekeepers to deliver the box, with care, to Beetee’s house.

“George…” the pinkette stated in an unreadable tone, “you will have to stay in here for about 12 hours, since the guy I know might not be able to let you out to go to the bathroom or anything without being seen. So is there anything that you need to do now?”

I shook my head, but then realised he couldn’t see me so I muttered a yes for him. The two of us stayed silent in the darkness just out of reach of the train station's bright lights. For a few minutes we just stayed there before I asked a question I had been wanting to ask but hadn’t while we were around Drista and Puffy. “Why are you helping me?”

Techno didn’t seem to understand, he furrowed his eyebrows and seemed to be staring at the box I was in. “What do you mean?”
“Well I mean why are you helping me get home, and hide from the Capitol. Why didn’t you turn me over the second that Puffy and Drista left? You could have easily overpowered me if I tried to run or fight back. So why’d you do it?”

The pinkette chuckled. “Even though I might have seemed like an asshole during the games I assure you that I’m nothing like that. I hate the Capitol as much as the next person, and turning you over would be a way of displaying that I respected them, which I don’t.”

Lights became visible as the train emerged from through the electrified fence of the fishing District. “None of us deserved any of this,” he continued, “and you are just a kid, it would be heartless to turn you over.”

I was going to thank him, to say something when the train slowed to a stop. I peered through one of the air holes that Techno had made and saw a dozen peacekeepers climbing out, alongside some people who worked on the train.

They opened one of the doors and began unloading the wood from one of the train cars, before loading some crates of presumably fish into another train car. One of the people who worked on the train, unlike most of the others, he had his face covered with what looked like a red, black, and yellow ski mask.

He looked over in our direction when Techno called out to him and began walking over. The victor leaned down and told me not to talk before standing up straight again. “Ponk, thank god you were working today.”

The other male smiled, replying with something along the lines of ‘good to see you’. The pinkette motioned to the box. “Can you help me get this onto the train? It needs to be delivered to District 3, discreetly.”

Ponk’s eyebrows furrowed, but then he nodded. Without a word he and Techno lifted up the box, and I steadied myself while shifting my position to crouching. The train cars seemed to be in the order of districts, since Ponk and Techno began carrying the box up in front of the District 4 train car to one with the logo of my District, District 3.

They sat the box down and Ponk disappeared into the train car to open it up from the inside. A few long moments passed before the wall of the train slid open to reveal some more lumber from District 7 to be delivered to my District.

Ponk was standing with another person, and the 2 of them jumped down onto the ground before returning to Techno’s side. “Who is this?” the victor asked, being as puzzled as I was.
The boy had brown hair and black eyes and just smiled silently at Techno.

“This is Callahan,” Ponk introduced. “He is an avox who works on the train, but he is one of my best friends nonetheless.”
Callahan continued to smile and Techno just gave a nod hello before bending down and the 3 of them lifted up the box before lifting it onto the train.

Once it was resting on the floor of the train car, Callahan and Ponk effortlessly pushed the crate into the corner of the car. They were able to avoid all of the wooden logs that were in the middle of the room.

When it was secured with rope so it wouldn’t move while the train was traveling, the boys turned to look at Techno. The avox, Callahan, signed something on his hands which Ponk watched before translating. “He wants to know what’s in it.” he stated.

The victor moved close to them and said something in a low voice which caused both of the male’s eyes to widen. “Just make sure it gets to Beetee and be careful with it.” the pinkette stated. He sent a glance at the box before jumping back onto the ground.

Ponk said something to the avox before walking back over to the box, making me gulp. He leaned close to the box before speaking quietly, “George… trust us and be quiet. We’ll be home before you know it.”
_________________________________________
1096 words.

I've been thinking about the fucking Pokemon fanfic all day and I'm not even sure if I'm going to do it or not, holy shit.

Callahan is only an avox because he is no talk. Avox is no talk. I think you get the idea.