Part Nine.

It was Friday and Beatrice stood in front of Ben's office door contemplating whether to knock or not.

'I can still turn back if I want,' She thought frankly almost crying at her misfortune.

Aish! She was so stupid for dropping that resignation letter in the first place, she should have heard the bomb news her mum dropped first or got herself another job before acting as a fierce nursing cat.

Now, she would look so doltish and vulnerable in front of that devil's eyes while he gives her a satisfied mocking smirk.

She could just imagine how the smugness on his face will escalate when he lays his eyes on her.

Checking out her designer black skirt that reached above her knees a bit and the black Zara heels she was wearing, she let out an exasperated sigh.

'I guess I have to squash and let my pride down, I need money, especially this period dad's not fine, and what the hell? I worked so freaking hard to get this position," She thought and sighed.

She raised her left hand nervously and knocked on the door while she held the warm cup of coffee in her right hand.

She quickly turned the doorknob and stepped inside the office as she saw Vanessa saying something from the tab to Ben.

They both raised their faces and glanced her way as Beatrice froze on her spot.

'Oh, God! This is so humiliating and embarrassing!' Beatrice thought-feeling awkward to hold both of their gazes, wishing she could vanish into thin air at the moment.

Vanessa fixed her gaze at her looking astonished and Beatrice thought she was almost making fun of her as her eyes squinted through the glass she was putting on.

Ben, on the other hand, leaned on his swiveled seat with a taunting and mocking look plastered on his face.

"Well, who do we have here?" He asked teasingly with a smug look on his face as Vanessa chuckled while Beatrice bit on her lower lips she start to feel the taste of blood on her tongue.

"The runaway assistant," Ben chuckled that it irritated Beatrice so much but she needs to keep herself cool as she just stared at him without saying a word.

"Never thought you would come back," He said sarcastically as Beatrice felt her feet move towards them. Her eyes were still fixed on him.

She let out a sigh as she got closer, it was of no use replying to someone so annoying as him.

Her sole purpose for coming back here was her parent most especially her dad, she just didn't want to break the news of her leaving her work so soon to him and she can't stand her mum going all dramatic about it.

She hasn't even used up to a year and a half in the company and she'll be leaving just because of that psycho.

She should have thought about it to and fro before leaping so fast.

"Good morning Sir, here's your coffee," She said meekly ignoring Ben's statement as she dropped the cup of coffee on the table while Ben stared at her amusingly.

"I'm sorry for my misconduct and acting stupid about the resignation, sir, please do pardon my incompetence," Beatrice said softly like a good girl bowing slightly as she pressed both hands tightly against each other.

She hated being submissive this way but she had no choice when she thought about all the duties still laying in front of her. She needed to keep her standards high.

"I see," Ben said astonishingly still staring at her intensely.

He was loving this side of her.

"I'm sorry sir, I won't be so doltish regarding my work due to a mere situation if you can give me back my job. Sir," Beatrice pleaded refusing to raise her head.