Part Fourteen.

“Where are your manners?” Ben fired at Vanessa while Beatrice scurried to her desk, so, nervous to gaze at Vanessa one more time.

She just caught her and Ben making out and would think otherwise.

Who wouldn't anyway?

“I did, sir, I guess I didn't knock loud enough for it to be heard, I'm sorry,” Vanessa apologized, Beatrice shifted her gaze to Ben who stared sternly at Vanessa.

“Why are you here, then?” Ben asked her nonchalantly, adjusting his tie as he sat on his seat and stared at her.

“I'm here to inform you about your scheduled meetings for today, Sir,” Vanessa responded while Beatrice snickered lowly arranging her files on her desk.

“From now on, Miss. Coleman. Will handle that!” Ben announced as Beatrice shot her gaze to Ben surprised while Vanessa stared at her boss in shock, her lips parted slightly as she glanced towards Beatrice who caught hold of her gaze which was filled with threats.

Vanessa turned her attention back to Ben, putting on a forced smile.

“But sir, I've been working with you for some years now and--”

“I didn't say I was going to fire you, did I?” Ben asked her sternly as Vanessa lowered her gaze.

“No, you didn't, sir,” She answered politely, lowering her gaze to the floor.

“Sir, what will I be doing then?” Vanessa asked lowly and Beatrice thought that, what games were Ben playing.

'Why would he just make me be in charge of his scheduled meetings suddenly after knowing Vanessa just witnessed what just transpired between us?' She thought, staring suspiciously at Ben, whose face has become hardened and cold.

“Go to your office. I will think about that,” He dismissed her and began typing on his keyboard.

Vanessa nodded and turned slowly as she began to walk towards the door, but not before making sure she cast Beatrice a vile and shudder some look, while Beatrice avoided her vengeful gaze.

Beatrice snapped her gaze back to Ben, who was staring at his computer screen, as she stood up from her seat and went to meet him.

“Why would you do that?” Beatrice asked him as he glanced at her coldly and looked back at his computer screen without replying to her.

“Ben!” She called out.

“I guess we should stop acting informally now,” He fired deeply at Beatrice as she flinched slightly at his sudden outburst and blinked her eyes in shock as stared at him astonished as she swallowed the heavy lump in her throat.

'What has gotten into him?' Beatrice thought.

“Ok-okay, sir,” She stammered raucously while Ben returned his gaze to his computer screen.

Beatrice turned around slowly and walked back to her seat.

She glanced back to Ben, who was focused on his work, his face hardened like an emotionless statue without sparing her a glance.

'What's wrong with him?' Beatrice thought, forcefully dragging her gaze from him as she sulked in herself and resumed her work.

❥❥❥

The next day at work, Beatrice dropped Ben's coffee on the table and took a glance at him.

His, hair was neatly gelled to the back, slight stubble appeared on his chiseled chin while his blue eyes glared at the computer screen in front of him.

“Good morning, Sir,” Beatrice greeted with a slight bow but didn't get any response from him as she looked up to glance at him, and he looked focused on his work typing his way on the keyboard.

'Perhaps he didn't hear me greet him,' Beatrice thought, and decided to greet him again.

“Good--”

“I heard you perfectly well, get to your seat,” Ben snapped his gaze at her sharply as Beatrice nodded and turned around immediately and walked to her seat.

Beatrice settled on her seat and switched on her laptop as she began setting up Ben's schedule for the day.

She had worked for a while when she turned her face to Ben, who was earnest with was he was doing.

'He's so handsome,' Beatrice daydreamed, staring at her ex, who is now her boss.

' What's wrong with me?' Beatrice jolted from her thoughts, why is she zoning out thinking about Ben — now?

She sighed gluing her eyes on the screen of her laptop, but she got distracted when his face regularly popped into her mind, she wished she could be in her office at her comfort not being all nervous and anxious and developing cold feet with Ben not too far from her.

Beatrice was typing on her keyboard when a knock came through the door and the door opened while Beatrice fixed her gaze at the entrance wondering who it was.

Vanessa walked in, giving her a side glance before scowling at her then facing the front, marching straight to Ben.

“Good morning, sir,” She greeted Ben, who looked up to stare at her.

“Good morning,” He replied to her, while Beatrice frowned.

'So, he could greet Vanessa while he turned deaf ears to me when I tried greeting him,' Beatrice thought annoyingly as she glared at him before turning her attention back to her laptop.

She didn't put her mind on what Vanessa was saying to Ben, while she just fumed about Ben's annoying behavior toward her.

Though, she clarified it for him that things were over between which she felt her inner self a bit sad when he finally agreed to her decision, but she wasn't expecting him to be acting like a cold bulldog towards her.

She turned her gaze back to Ben who was now standing up when she checked his schedules for the day and realized he had a meeting currently.

Ben adjusted his tie while Vanessa helped him carry his files as she walked behind him, while he made his way to the door, looking cold and emotionless.

“Should I accompany you, sir?” Beatrice offered, not realizing when she spoke out.

The way he stared at her showed she was of no use currently to him, as Beatrice held her breath expectantly.

Ben, without saying anything to her, opened the door and walked out of the office while Vanessa gave her a mocking smirk as she closed the door behind her.

Beatrice's face fell shockingly as she slammed her fist annoyingly on her table.

'His silence is killing me!' Beatrice bawled annoyingly in her mind.

'Why can't he just talk to me?' Beatrice thought sadly, staring at the door Ben just walked through.

Is he trying to mess with her brains? If that's the reason he still left her to stay in his office, then it's not going to work.

Beatrice hit her fist annoyingly on the table again irritatingly with a slight hiss.

'He just fucking ignored me,' Beatrice scoffed softly, rolling her eyes.