Part Thirty-Nine.

"Are you okay?" Ben asked worriedly as he rushed over to Beatrice, who was trying to hold back the tears that were threatening to trickle down her face.
'Why does he have to do it?'
' Why did he have to come to my aid when I didn't need it? He would be the last person I would ask help from?' Beatrice fumed, she was angry and sad at the same time.
Angry that Ben went behind her back to do something he wasn't supposed to do, and sad that she didn't deserve such a gesture from him because of the way she had treated him.
How did he know about this? Is he stalking her, or does he have a monitoring device on her?
What is the exact reason he did such a thing to her?
Ben straightened to his feet, taking Beatrice's phone which she dropped on the floor, and staring at her, he had expected that reaction from her, and he knew he had hurt her pride paying that money because he knows Beatrice too well.
But, he had to do it if he wants his plans to work.
"Your phone," Ben said, stretching his hand to her, but Beatrice angrily slapped his hands away and her phone fell to the floor and Ben sighed.
"Why?" Beatrice questioned him, her voice was edgy, and they cracked while she batted her eyes to stop the tears.
"Why do you have to do that?" Beatrice asked him, and Ben inhaled sharply and shoved his hands into his pocket.
"Do what?" Ben asked her, and Beatrice glared at him.
"Don't try to act dumb with me, Ben. Why do you have to pay my fees?" Beatrice questioned and Ben stared deeply into her eyes.
"Because I had to," Ben responded.
"I didn't fucking ask you to do it," Beatrice fired, she was hurt, and her ego was trampled on, first he brought the company, secondly, she's trying to get away from him which for some reason she can't, and now he's helping her with her bills when she didn't need it.
What is he trying to play at?
"Why did you have to do it, huh?" Beatrice asked, moving close to him.
"Why are you suddenly being nice to me when you shouldn't?" Beatrice fired at him and Ben squeezed his face at her.
"Will you calm down, Beatrice?" Ben said, trying to move close to her.
"Don't touch me!" Beatrice shouted, raising her both hands in the air to stop him.
"Don't," She seethed, stretching her right hand to him and pointing her index fingers at him.
Ben sighed frustrated, he doesn't understand how stubborn Beatrice could be at every single moment.
"How do you expect me to pay that money to you?" She fired angrily then laughed.
"You just want to mock me," Beatrice chuckled, talking to herself.
"You just want to make fun of me that I'm incapable of myself," She sniffed.
"No... No, I was only helping y--"
"Shut it!" Beatrice roared, she didn't want to hear that word 'help' from him, and Ben's mouth hung open.
"I don't need any help from you, I never asked," Beatrice glared at him and Ben placed his palm over his face, maybe this wasn't the reaction he was expecting from her after all.
"You just want me to be indebted to you," Beatrice said and Ben knew he was getting there he knew she would do anything to save herself from that, but he hopes she doesn't do something stupid.
"No, calm down Beatrice,"
"No! Don't tell me to calm down, Ben, this is one point two million dollars, where do you want me to see that from?" She questioned him, she was losing her temper, and she doesn't even realize what she was saying anymore.
"I'm paying you that money," Beatrice said, trying to calm herself as she heaved up and down.
"I'm paying you that money," She repeated, glancing around on the floor and her eyes fell on her helpless phone on the floor which was a few feet away from her.
She walked over and picked it up and flipped her hair to the back and wiped the side of her eyes with the back of her hand and sniffed while Ben stared skeptically at her.
"Tell me, what is it that you want?" Beatrice asked him and Ben tried to act indifferent.
"Nothing," He muttered.
"Don't tell me anything, Ben. I know you quite well, It's either I tell Mr. Shawn to refund that money or you give me another option," Beatrice said determinedly and stomped out of the office and Ben stared in awe and chuckled after on.
'You don't know what you're getting yourself into, Beatrice,' Ben mused as he stared at the door before he turned around and walked to his table.
He saw the cup of coffee placed on his table, he grabbed the cup and sipped out of the coffee before he drew out his swiveled seat and sat on it.
~
Hours passed and Beatrice was nowhere to be found, she didn't report to the office and Ben knew she was probably doing some thought on how to clear her debts.
He knew for sure she can't ask Mr. Shawn to refund the money, so, she will have no choice but to comply with what he had in mind or come up with something else.
"Have you seen, Ms. Coleman?" Ben asked Vanessa as they came out of the conference room when they were done with the board meeting they just had.
"No, sir, is anything wrong?" Vanessa asked curiously as she tried to meet with Ben's strides.
"No, nothing," Ben said stopping in his tracks and staring at her, Vanessa lowered her gaze immediately she made eye contact with her boss and pressed the files in her hands tighter on her boobs while he smiled.
"If you see her, tell her to see me immediately," Ben said deeply, and Vanessa looked up at him.
"Okay, sir, you sent her on an errand, right?" Vanessa asked and Ben hesitated for a while, doing some quick thinking.
"Yes," Ben lied, and the corner of his lips twitched.
"Okay sir," Vanessa answered and smiled.
"Good, work on the files and let me know your feedback as soon as possible," Ben told her, and she nodded in response and smiled.
Ben turned around and walked over to the elevator and pressed the elevator to the first floor.
Ben got to the office and opened the door, and he was surprised to see Beatrice pacing to and fro, he smirked inwardly.
He cleared his throat and straightened his throat, then closed the door behind him gently.
Beatrice turned around, and her gaze fell on Ben, who was staring at him.
"We need to talk," Beatrice muttered, staring at him, and Ben smirked.
He shoved one hand into his pocket and walked over to his seat.
Ben drew out his chair and sat on it and Beatrice sighed facing him.
"I'm listening," Ben said and Beatrice eyed him doubtfully, she had done a lot of thinking when she left the office.
Since she still had six hundred thousand dollars with her, she'll pay him that, and he should remove the remaining balance on an agreed rate monthly from her salary.
"Uhm!" Beatrice started, breathing in sharply and looking deeply into his eyes.
"I thought about how to pay you back," Beatrice said, and Ben leaned closer to the table.
"I'm all ears," He uttered, and Beatrice nodded while playing with her fingers nervously.
"I have six hundred thousand dollars with me, which I can pay you, and you can deduct fifty thousand dollars monthly from my salary," Beatrice said even though removing money monthly from her salary didn't sit too well, but she had no choice.
It was the only choice she had that she could use to clear herself.
Ben chuckled softly, he knew she would come up with something, and Beatrice frowned at him, raising a brow at him confusedly.
'All what I said was it nonsense to him?' She thought, scowling at him.
"I don't agree to your terms, we are doing mine," Ben taunted and Beatrice's face turned crimson red, and she stared sternly at him.
"What then do you want?" Beatrice growled, eyeing suspiciously.
'Oh dear, you don't want to know what I really want,' Ben thought, a devilish smile on his lips while Beatrice was waiting patiently for what he had to say.
Ben clamped his hands together, and stared straight into Beatrice's gray eyes, while Beatrice also gazed intensely into his blue alluring eyes to dare him to speak.
"Be my maid!" Ben demanded in a serious expression, and Beatrice's face became pale, hoping all this was a joke.
"Your what?"