Part Thirty-Six.

"Thank you!" Beatrice appreciated the driver with a warm smile on her face after paying him and getting down from his cab.
The driver nodded in response with a smile before he drove off while Beatrice turned around facing the complex building of the Jay Suites.
She inhaled sharply and made her way into the building just then Ben arrived, parking his Lamborghini car in a suitable place before he got out of his car.
'I'm sure she got down here,' He told himself, staring at the big building and using his index finger to adjust the black shades he was wearing on the bridge of his nose to get a clearer view.
His eyes squinted a bit before he started making his way towards the entrance of the building and got greeted by the receptionist in the lobby.
Ben didn't respond on time because he was more focused on where Beatrice was headed to, but he didn't see any glimpse of her around.
'Where did she go so fast?' He thought to himself before he turned his head to the left side and his gaze caught up with the receptionist who was staring at him.
"Hello," Ben greeted the lovely receptionist whose eyes gleamed brightly at him while he moved closer to the front desk where she was sitting at.
"How may I help you, sir?" The lady asked, flashing one of her purest smiles at Ben while he removed the black shades he was wearing from his face and the receptionist gasped slightly immediately after her brown eyes settled on his face, she got smitten by his charming looks of Ben.
"A young lady just walked in, dressed in a white shirt--"
"And a maroon skirt?" The receptionist interrupted, a bright smile still plastered on her face, and Ben's lips twist into a smile, his eyes twinkling at her as he nodded in response.
"Yeah," He muttered, and she smiled at him looking more flushed than ever, getting mesmerized by Ben's feature.
Not like she hasn't seen a dozen of fine young men who came to rent or have meetings at their suite, but something about the young man standing in front of her was unique to her.
"Do you know what floor she went to?" Ben asked her and she smiled warmly.
"The rooftop."
"Rooftop?" Ben inquired, quite amused, quirking a brow at the receptionist.
'Why does it have to be at the rooftop?' Ben questioned himself surprisingly.
"I mean, we have a lovely terrace for holding meetings and gatherings. It's on the eighth floor," The receptionist informed him, and he nodded keenly at her.
"Oh! That sounds nice," Ben muttered and placed the black shade back on the bridge of his nose.
'Gosh! He's so handsome,' The receptionist thought dreamily, gawking at him.
Ben noticed the way the receptionist was looking at him, but he was used to it because most Ladies outside tend to stare at him that way, he wished Beatrice could also see and look at him in such a way and manner.
"Thank you," Ben smiled and thanked the receptionist.
"You're welcome," The receptionist beamed, then Ben made his way to the elevator as fast as he could, getting in front of the elevator's door he pressed the button of the elevator by the side of the wall and patiently waited for it to open.
It was beginning to get to a minute before the elevator finally opened, and a young black man stepped out clad in a gray suit with a black suitcase in his right hand, Ben, and the young dark man exchanged brief pleasantries to each other before he strides into the elevator and pressed the button of the elevator to the eighth floor and the elevator door closed immediately.
Getting to the terrace part of the building, Ben met a few people discussing with each other, some looked as if they were out on a formal date.
His eyes darted speedily around the round tables and chairs which has been occupied by people already before his eyes fell on Beatrice who seemed to be so lost in the conversation she was having with an unfamiliar man dressed in a black suit sitting opposite her, perhaps the person asking her to pay a sum of one point two million dollars.
Ben noticed the chair and table behind Beatrice's back which wasn't occupied yet and the gap between her and the chair he intended to sit on wasn't that much, so it would be much easier if he wants to eavesdrop on their conversation.
Thinking logically about how he shouldn't be noticed by Beatrice especially, he cautiously walked over to where she is sitting but in a discreet mode so as not to get either Beatrice's or the man's attention.
He didn't want Beatrice to know he was there, even though he had tried so hard to disguise himself.
Ben quietly drew out the green chair and sat down, he grabbed a booklet on the table which seemed to be a magazine and leaned back on the seat, and craned his neck backward but not in an obvious manner just to listen to Beatrice's conversation.
"One point two million dollars? Why do they have to increase it to that amount?" Beatrice asked Mr. Shawn frustratingly in a low tone, who had taken his time earlier to explain to her about the increase in the house rent and the reasons why the proprietor decided to increase the price.
"I understand, this must have been a shock to you, that was the decision of the property owner, and again I've seen people piling up for the stated price," Mr. Shawn told her, and Beatrice's eyes widened as she leaned closer to the table.
"Wait! What?"
"People are already piling up for the stated price?" She questioned, repeating the realtor's statement.
"Did you guys start displaying notice about the penthouse rent without having to inform me first?" Beatrice fired annoyingly at Mr. Shawn, who shrugged one of his shoulders at her, and leaned back in his seat.
"That is so unfair," Beatrice seethed, pointing her index finger at Mr. Shawn.
"See, Miss. Coleman, I don't act on my own, I was given orders which I had to comply with, I'm sorry it had to be this way," Mr. Shawn said and Beatrice sighed biting her lower lips and tapping one of her feet nervously on the floor.
She looked sideways briefly and turned her face back to Mr. Shawn, who was bringing out a file from his briefcase.
"What is that?" Beatrice eyed him skeptically, her left foot still tapping nervously and furiously on the ground.
"Details of the new contract," Mr. Shawn said, looking at her.
"I don't have up to that amount to pay now, I don't know if you can allow me some time to think this through first," Beatrice sighed rubbing her fingers on her temple.
"Of course Miss. Coleman, please let me know your feedback within one week later," Mr. Shawn told her, giving her a warm smile while Beatrice had to force a smile at him.
"I'm leaving now, I will get back to you as soon as possible to let you know about my decisions," Beatrice told the realtor as she grabbed her bag she placed on the black round table.
"Okay, Miss. Coleman," Mr. Shawn responded, beginning to put back the files into his briefcase.
"Thank you," Beatrice muttered and begin walking away, she passed by Ben's side but didn't notice him or anyone around because there was so much clouding her mind already.
Ben watched Beatrice leave as he lowered the booklet in his hands he was pretending to read, when he was sure she wasn't coming back in there, he stood up from his chair then turned around and swiftly drew out the chair Beatrice sat earlier on, taking Mr. Shawn aback and perplexed.
"Excuse me... may I help you?" Mr. Shawn asked, staring at the young man in front of him with his black shades covering his eyes.
"Yes," Ben replied then, he raised his right hand and removed his glasses, so the realtor could see his face clearly, after which he leaned on the table.
"Okay," Mr. Shawn responded, wondering what he could help the stranger sitting in front of him with.
"The lady you just had a conversation with..."
"Were you eavesdropping on our conversation?" Mr. Shawn asked sternly, while Ben's lips curled up in a smile.
"Listen to me first, will you?"
"I would like to pay the money for her rent," Ben said, and Mr. Shawn blinked his eyes severally as if he didn't hear right.
"You will pay for her rent?" Mr. Shawn asked, amused.
"We're talking of one point two million dollars here, sir, are you sure you can pay that amount?" Mr. Shawn questioned, which made Ben chuckle.
'What do you take me for?' He thought, smirking at the realtor.
"Of course, I'll pay right now, if you will let me," Ben told him while Mr. Shawn gave him a curious look.
"How is Miss. Coleman to you?" Mr. Shawn asked and Ben sighed.
"She's a friend of mine," Ben answered and looked towards the entrance briefly, before giving his full attention to Mr. Shawn.
"Oh, okay, does she know about this?" Mr. Shawn asked.
"No! No, she doesn't, if I pay now don't tell her right away that I did," Ben informed the realtor, and he nodded.
"Why?" Mr. Shawn questioned.
"It's complicated," Ben answered, already getting fed up with the questions Mr. Shawn was asking him.
"Okay," Mr. Shawn decided not to push further, there was no need to go all detective since he wanted to help her pay the money.
"Your name?" Mr. Shawn asked the young man sitting in front of him as he brought out a document from his briefcase.
"Benjamin Clarke," Ben answered while he watched the man scribble something on the paper with his black pen.
"Sign here," Mr. Shawn told Ben, pointing his index finger on the place Ben should sign and handing his black pen to Ben, who collected it immediately and did as told.
After signing the document, Ben had a little discussion with Mr. Shawn, letting him know when he should tell Beatrice that he was the one who paid for her apartment.
"That's not a problem sir," Mr. Shawn laughed while Ben smirked, leaning back on the chair.
'I can't wait to see the reaction on her face when she finds out the truth,' He thought, a devilish grin plastered on his face.