Part Sixteen.

Beatrice was on a call with her mother, she just finished pouring some pure breed kibbles for her pet dog and placed its bowl on the floor.

“That's good,” Beatrice beamed, knowing her father was responding to treatments.

“Send my regards to him,” She told her mum.

“Sure, I will… We will be expecting your visit soon,” Her mother chimed in while she sighed and began walking out of the kitchen.

“I'm coming soon, mum, just have a pile of office and schedule works blocking my way,”

“Don't worry, I'll visit soon,” She assured her.

“Okay darling, I'm hanging up right now, I need to prepare your father's breakfast,” Her mum notified while she nodded.

“Goodbye, mum” Beatrice said, and her mum hung up before she could respond.

A sigh of relief rushed through Beatrice as she made her way to the living room and switched on her television.

She put the sound of the television on mute and slouch on her comfy leather seat.

'Hmm! What to do… What to do!!' She thought as she glanced to her side and saw her laptop laying idle on the couch.

She stretched her arm and grabbed her laptop before switching it on. Furthermore, she went through her emails and pinned the important ones she will be working on later.

Suddenly, something crossed her mind and she decided to search for a job, she won't give up on her searching for another job when she knows she can't keep and deal with Ben's attitude.

She was short-tempered, and he always finds a way of making her lose her cool… She'd better find a job before the headlines bring up her name for murdering Ben.

Her eyes scanned through her screen as she searched for an available job opportunity on LinkedIn when her eyes caught hold of one.

Her heart leaped with joy when she realized it was a vacancy for a fashion model director job, an aspect she could fit in quite well, and with her taste in fashion, she would be perfect for it.

Without, thinking, Beatrice clicked on the job title and applied.

After, filling necessary details, she submitted her profile with a gigantic grin plastered on her lips.

Suddenly, the bell chimed, and her mind wondered who it was… She wasn't expecting anyone today or so.

Trying to remember who she invited without a clue, Beatrice scrambled to her feet and walked to her door.

She pressed the button to her door which unlocked the door immediately Beatrice pulled the door slightly as she sighed

“Expecting someone?” Mia chirped in, pushing her way into Beatrice's apartment, Beatrice rolled her eyes and closed the door behind her when Mia got inside.

“So, what do I owe this visit for?” Beatrice asked her, a slight smirk curling on her lips as she trotted behind Mia, who had hurriedly found her way to her living room.

"I'm bored and needed to see your face," Mia chirped making Beatrice smile softly.

Beatrice was about to enter the living room when Cody walked out of the kitchen, wagging its tail happily, and moved towards her.

“Cody dear,” Beatrice smiled, bending to pick her little dog in her arms before going on to join Mia in the living room.

“I wonder how you get to live alone in such a big apartment like this, don't you get or feel lonely at times?” Mia inquired curiously while Beatrice gave a half-hearted laugh and sat beside her as she collected Cody from Beatrice and stroked her fingers through its white fur as it relaxed in her arms.