Part Twenty-Five.

Beatrice went to make coffee for herself on the second floor when Mia popped up beside her suddenly, almost making Beatrice spill the liquid coffee on the floor.
"Mia!" Beatrice gasped out, shockingly, and turned around to glare at Mia.
"How many times do I have to tell you to stop sneaking up on me that way, you know how I easily get startled?" Beatrice frowned at Mia, who rolled her eyes at her.
"How are you doing?" Mia chirped, a mischievous smirk playing on her lips.
She was the one who picked Beatrice late at night when they arrived in New York from Austria, although Ben had insisted on taking her home, which she turned down stubbornly.
"Breathing and alive," Beatrice scoffed as she sipped the coffee, staying with Ben in the office for almost ten hours per day was more than a punishment to her.
"So," Mia smirked, she was still waiting for Beatrice to give her some gist and details on how her day went with the boss.
"Mia, we're still at work, get that ass of yours patient," Beatrice rolled her eyes at Mia, who pouted at her.
"Well, we are on break," Mia claimed and leaned on the table, and Beatrice sighed in frustration.
"You are such a pain in the ass," Beatrice expressed and furrowed her brows at her.
"I know right, that's why you love me," Mia chimed in and Beatrice shook her head in disgruntlement.
"See you later, Mia, I've got work to battle with," Beatrice dismissed herself from Mia, taking her cup of coffee along with her.
Beatrice headed towards the elevator and pressed the button to open it as she continuously sipped her coffee. The elevator door opened, and she came face to face with Vanessa.
Vanessa's gaze fell on Beatrice and her countenance changed immediately into what seemed to be envy and hatred, seeing Beatrice.
Ever since her Boss had taken over this company, he had been more focused on her. She noticed how her Boss secretly stared at Beatrice, and that got her pissed and jealous.
What's there on Beatrice that wasn't on her, was it looks, beauty and smartness... She had it all, but why wasn't he interested in her.
She's known her boss for almost four years, and she had never bothered so much about women, he never had a date, and every so often she thinks he's just cold-hearted and that's what makes her like the more cause most young bosses would be flirting with their assistant.
Furthermore, she would like to know what Beatrice did to get his attention, she was pained when she couldn't travel to Austria with them, while she was left with all the work to do.
Beatrice stared at her rival and acting like she wasn't there she stepped into the elevator, she hated people who give her cold shoulders, and she never forces herself on people.
If you're lucky to be among the people she tried mingling with, and you act indifferently towards, she won't cross her boundaries with that person.
Without, saying a word to her, Vanessa walked out of the elevator and Beatrice sneered mockingly at her back before she pressed the button of the elevator to the first floor and sipped her coffee again as the elevator door closed.
Beatrice marched into Ben's office, she wished, Ben could reconsider, and even at least even if it is to put her table outside the office she would be happy with that and have a peace of mind to herself.
It would relieve her of the trauma she has to face, staring at his face sometimes or when he just calls her for something irrelevant like sharpening his pencil when there's a box sharpener beside him.
She saw Ben at her table, and she stared at him curiously, wondering what he was doing at her table, he was checking something out on her laptop.
"Excuse me," Beatrice coughed out when she got closer to Ben, who straightened himself and turned to face her.
He collected the cup of coffee in her hands which she was holding up and drank out of it, and Beatrice's eyes widened.
"Hey! That's my coffee," Beatrice snapped as she tried to snatch the cup away from Ben, who raised his hand out of her reach.
"Not bad," Ben shook his head, he brought his hand in which he was holding the cup of coffee and drank out of it.
"You like it creamy?" Ben asked, quirking his brow at her, amused.
"Why didn't you tell me you also want a drink for yourself? I would have made yours along, instead of drinking mine," Beatrice fumed, folding her arms on her chest in a pissed manner.
"There's nothing wrong with sharing your drink with me, is there?" Ben asked, and Beatrice glared at him.
'There's everything wrong with you sharing my drink,' Beatrice snapped in her mind, but didn't say anything as she just stared at him as he continued drinking her coffee.
Her gaze fell on his lips, and she felt the urge to lick her lips, but she pinched the side of her thigh to snap out of her nasty thoughts.
Ben was constantly disturbing her peace of mind.
"Ms. Coleman," Ben snapped Beatrice out of the dreamy world she was trapped in as he smirked to himself.
He was getting her slowly, just the way he has planned...
"Huh?" Beatrice answered, flapping her eyelashes at him.
"We will be having lunch with the CEO of Dexan instruments by three in the afternoon, since it is two fifteen, let's get going," Ben informed her and Beatrice nodded.
"Okay, sir," She answered, and Ben smiled at her and moved closer to her.
"Here, have your remaining coffee," He smirked at her, handing over the cup to Beatrice who collected it with a frown from him.
Ben leaned in quickly and dropped her kiss on her lips as Beatrice's eyes bulged out when she felt his lips on hers, and he drew back immediately, smirking at her.
'Okay, I've had enough of this,' Beatrice thought frustratingly as she dropped her cup of coffee on the table while Ben was about to go to his table.
She grabbed his arm, which caused Ben to look at her surprisingly, she pulled him back to her and raised her hands cupping each side of his face.
She stood on the toes of her heels and slammed her lips on Ben's lips, who were trying to process what was going on.
Then, she kissed him slowly and when Ben started moving his lips against hers, she pulled back away from him, her palms still cupping his face, feeling the slight stubble on his face as it sent sparks from her palms to her body, they both stared intimately into each other eyes feeling the pull and gravity of desires through them.
It was Ben's turn to be dazed as he gazed deeply into her face.
"You need to stop kissing me out of the blues,"
"I've had enough of your teasing, Ben," Beatrice whispered softly, and Ben wrapped his arms around Beatrice's waist, pulling her closer to his torso.
He leaned closer to her while they both stared into their blue and gray eyes, tilting their heads over to equivalent sides, and kissed passionately.