Part Thirty.

"Mum?" Ben muttered, staring at his mum, who was beaming happily at him.
'What the hell is she doing here?' Ben thought, staring at his mum like he had seen a ghost.
"My darling, so good to see you, won't you hug mama?" His mum cooed, spreading her arms widely to him, all the jewelry adorned her body made clanging sounds.
Ben put on a tight smile and walked over to his mum before he got crushed in the tight embrace he found himself... Almost choking.
Beatrice stood rooted to her spot, "Mrs. Clarke is here?' She thought, without thinking, turning around.
Everyone knew Mrs. Clarke was a god-damned drama queen... Beatrice remembered when Ben had taken her to his home when they were dating back then in high school, and she was all worked up about her. It's not that Mrs. Clarke was a bad person, she wasn't, but she had this type of manipulative mindset.
Beatrice was finding it difficult whether to turn around and greet Ben's mum or just stay rooted to the way she was backing her, afraid she might still recognize her and go all dramatic on how she left her son, telling her stories she's not interested in hearing.
"Mum, can you let go of me?" Ben groaned against his mum, and she finally let go of him, smiling at him teasingly.
"Don't you miss me?" She smirked at Ben, while he sighed, almost rolling his eyes at her.
"I do,"
Mrs. Clarke's eyes darted to the young lady, glued to her spot and not even making a move to turn around and greet her.
How ridiculous of her.
"Who is that lady, Benjamin?" Mrs. Clarke questioned, narrowing her gaze to the Lady in front of her and Beatrice turned around, thank God her hair was down, so, most of it curtained the sides of her face.
"That's my secretary," Ben answered quickly, giving his mum a fake smile, then Mrs. Clarke glanced over her shoulder to where the other desk was, wondering if her son's secretary was working inside his office.
She knew his former secretary, Ms. Park...
'Why then does he have a new secretary?' She thought.
"Good afternoon, ma'am," Beatrice greeted the woman, bowing her head as her hair fell over while she nervously bite her lower lips and hold on tight to her fingers.
"Afternoon,"
"May I know your name?" She questioned, walking past her son, who hurriedly followed her.
Beatrice was about to talk, when Ben answered for her, "Ms. Coleman."
Then Beatrice raised her head, staring eye to eye with Ben's mum, who squinted her gaze at her.
"You look familiar for some reason," She started, fixing her gaze on her, moving closer to Beatrice, who was holding her breath.
Then Mrs. Clarke pulled out one of the chairs and looked away from her for a short while, then she turned her gaze to Beatrice.
"Reminding me of someone who had hurt and crushed my son years back," She spewed out then dropped her classic channel purse which screamed money on the table, and Beatrice's throat went dry, and found it difficult to breathe normally.
'She remembered, did she know I'm the one?' Beatrice thought, a pang of guilt feeling in her heart.
Camilla, also gave her feedback on how devastated Ben had been when she left him and felt more guilty, maybe she had hurt him more than she expected.
"What's her name, son? I can't seem to remember," She turned her gaze to her son, gesturing her hand at him, to remind her of the name that crushed her son while Ben gave his mum a stern look.
He shared the same alluring blue eyes his mother had but didn't look anything like her, he was the full carbon copy of his father except for the eyes, though.
"Mum, can you drop it?" Ben frowned as he began walking towards her, his mum smiled, giving him a twisted lip.
Beatrice thought of ways she could escape the office at the moment, everything seemed to be choking her, and Ben's mum added to it, increasing it to the highest level.
"Get me up a cup of coffee," Mrs. Clarke ordered Beatrice and sat on her seat.
Finally.
"Yes ma'am,"
"How do you want your coffee?" Beatrice asked, her head slightly bowed at Ben's mum.
"Creamy, add two cubes of sugar in it," She said and Beatrice nodded.
She glanced towards Ben who was also on his sit and their eyes met, Beatrice quickly averts her gaze and turned abruptly, and began marching towards the door.
Ben's eyes were glued on Beatrice's retracting figure, and his mum stared at him with narrowed eyes, studying her son.
"I guess your eyes won't let go of her, until she's gone," Mrs. Clarke smirked at Ben who blinked his eyes before staring at his mum.
"Now, I know why that desk is over there, so you can watch her closely," His mum quirked his brow at him and Ben tried to keep his face blank at his mum.
"That's not the reason," He countered his mum, putting on the most emotionless face ever just to convince his mum.
He knew what his mum is capable of and how tricky she could be at times.
"Then what is the reason?"
"Mum, why are you here?" Ben threw back at his mum, ignoring her questions, and tried to change his topic.
"I missed you, my darling,"
"Wanted to see how you were faring in this new company of yours," She smiled at her son most sweetly.
"That's not why you are here," Ben still insisted, his mum smirked and leaned back on the seat, arching her brows at him.
"Well, why am I here, then?" She asked her son sweetly.
"The same reason you've been disturbing me on for a while," Ben grumbled and furrowed his brows at her.
"You are just as smart as your father," she gave a hearty laugh.
"So, are we expecting one sooner?" She asked her son.
"Well, no, give me some time more," Ben grunted, he was getting fed up with this conversation with his mum all the time.
"If you're not going to get one immediately and just bury yourself in work, I've found someone suitable for you," She smiled tauntingly and Ben squinted his gaze at his mum.
'What is she up to, this time?' He thought wearily.
"Mum, don't play games with me," Ben warned while his mum smirked at her.
"I'm not, sweetheart," She let out a chuckle and her lips curled up in a mischievous smirk while Ben sighed in frustration.
The door opened and Beatrice walked in with a cup of coffee and just the way Mrs. Clarke want it, too bad she has the same taste of coffee as hers.
Beatrice unaware of their conversation got closer to them and Ben stared at her intensely, while his mum tapped her fingers on the desk steadily, staring at her son all over.
"I didn't know you had a new secretary, what of Ms. Parker? Did you fire her?" His mum asked on purpose when she noticed Beatrice was close by.
'She doesn't know I'm the one,' Beatrice thought to herself, a rush of relief running through her.
"I didn't," Ben responded in a strained voice.
"Here's your coffee," Beatrice informed, dropping the cup of coffee gently on the table.
Beatrice bowed slightly and turned around, immediately walking back to her table.
"Oh! I see," Mrs. Clarke smirked, then grabbed the cup of coffee and sipped it, nodding her head after tasting the coffee.
"Not bad,"
"So, where is she?" She asked him, dropping the cup back to the table.
"In her office," Ben answered flatly.
Ben's mum nodded, getting another hint again, then she glanced at her silver wristwatch embedded with Diamonds and stood up.
"You are leaving?" Ben asked his mum curiously, as she grabbed her designer bag from the table.
Beatrice glanced their way and frowned a bit, frowning not because she was leaving, 'Why did she make me do the coffee when she knows she was leaving immediately.'
"Yes, I have other things to tend to. And I have to return to your father immediately," She told him, and Ben nodded.
Ben watched his mother as she cat walked in her Black stilettos heels, matching the blue and black gown she wore.
Mrs. Clarke stopped Midway before getting to the door, then cast her gaze to Beatrice, who was pretending to be typing on her system.
"Have a nice day, ahead, Ms. Coleman," She wished with a kinky and devilish smile on her lips, making Beatrice raise her head to stare at her.
"You to ma'am," Beatrice retorted, Mrs. Clarke gave a slight nod before she walked out of the office and closed the door behind her.
Mrs. Clarke smirked to herself and began walking to the elevator, the click of her heels was the only sound heard on the first floor.
After getting close to the elevator, she pressed the button and the elevator door opened, standing face to face with Vanessa, who was holding a file in her arms.
"Mrs. Clarke?" Vanessa said surprisingly and quickly bowed her slightly at her.
"Ms. Parker, I was just asking of you from my son," She smiled at her.
"Oh,"
"If I may ask, what's the full name of that new secretary in my son's office?" She inquired, and Vanessa smiled softly, staring at Mrs. Clarke bemusedly.
"Beatrice Coleman," She answered.
"Beatrice, you say?" Mrs. Clarke questioned to be certain she heard right, quirking a brow at her.
"Yes, is something wrong, ma'am?" Vanessa asked, a bit curious.
"No, absolutely nothing," Mrs. Clarke faked smiling and chuckled while Vanessa nodded and smiled too.
'My instincts were right,' she thought to herself.
"I need you to do a favor for me, darling," She smiled in the most alluring way ever at Vanessa.
"Yes, ma'am, what is that?" Vanessa asked eagerly, and Mrs. Clarke moved closer to her and tilted her face to the left-leaning close to her face.
Her lips close to Vanessa's left ear, "Keep an eye on those two, and let me know every single detail of what they do together."