Part Twenty-Six.

"Is she following us, sir?" Vanessa asked, irritation clearly evident in her voice as Ben and Beatrice approached her in the car park.
"I suppose you don't have a problem with that, Ms. Parker, or do you?" Ben questioned her sternly when he got close to her, raising a questioning brow at her, while Beatrice just stared plainly at her.
'She's been getting on my nerves lately whenever she's me around Ben,' Beatrice thought to herself as she made her way to Ben's car.
She unlocked the passenger's seat door and sat inside, waiting for Ben and Vanessa to finish with their discussion.
"No, sir," Vanessa answered her boss with a sigh and glanced over to Beatrice, seeing that she has made herself comfortable in the front seat.
'How dare she?' Vanessa fumed in her mind as her teeth clenched.
'I intended to seat at the front,' Vanessa thought to herself.
"Good," Ben smiled casually at her when one of the drivers in the company approached them.
"Sir, you called for me earlier," The driver alerted Ben as he turned around to face him.
"Yes, you'll be driving us," Ben informed the driver, giving him his car key as the driver nodded in anticipation.
"Okay, sir," The driver bowed slightly and made his way over to the driver's seat and unlocked the door.
Vanessa smiled to herself, maybe Beatrice's seating at the front wasn't a bad idea at all.
Ben walked over to the passenger's seat, knocking slightly on the window pane and gesturing for Beatrice to come outside.
Vanessa was just about to get herself settled in the back seat, "Ms. Parker you're sitting at the front, Ms. Coleman will sit at the back," Ben notified Vanessa who was burning with rage on the inside but smiled thinly at her boss, she dug one of her nails on the skin of the back of her hands trying to suppress the fury in her.
'Why doesn't he just sack that bitch?' Vanessa growled in her thoughts, as she walked to the other side of the car.
Honestly, sharing her work with someone or being like a competition with that particular someone is what she hated the most in her life...
Yes, being an assistant is quite stressful, but she didn't mind and won't care or complaint as far she was working for a strikingly handsome young CEO all by herself...
Beatrice had already come out of the car and walked to the back seat. She got inside after Ben had entered. She paused a bit to stare at Vanessa, who was visibly glaring at her.
A slight smirk appeared on Beatrice's lips, making Vanessa scoff and enter the car immediately and closed the door with a thud.
Beatrice also enters the car shortly and adjusted herself to sit comfortably on the plushy leather seat of the car.
'I hate her,' Vanessa thought to herself as the driver pulled out the car in the building and drove to the exit way.
~~
"Good afternoon, Mr. Theodore," Ben greeted having a firm handshake with the CEO of the Dexan instrument company, he seems to be in his fifty's, but he looked so fit in his black suit, and his gray hair and mustache complimented the slight wrinkles appearing on his face.
"Good afternoon, Mr. Clarke," He greeted back in a deep baritone voice, and he acknowledged Beatrice and Vanessa, who immediately bowed their heads slightly to reciprocate their courtesy.
"Let's get to business, then," Ben hinted, unbuttoning the button of his navy-blue suit and sitting on one of the chairs he drew out.
They were in a large café where CEOs had short meetings and have some tea.
The waitress came and brought their cup of tea, placing it carefully on the glass table.
Mr. Theodore was the CEO of Dexan instrument, which is a technology and manufacturing company that deals in designing, producing, testing, and selling both analog and embedded processing chips.
They were also known and regarded as one of the most famous and wealthy technology companies in New York.
"I've heard from quite a few directors, that you've been managing the company you bought from director Fin greatly," Mr. Theodore remarked and Ben smiled softly.
"That's for more reasons for you to sign this project with us," Ben spoke audibly and Mr. Theodore smiled, he gestured to his male assistant who was sitting next to him to move closer.
The young assistant of Mr. Theodore leaned closer to his boss and Mr. Theodore then whispered something into his ears, the young assistant nodded affirmatively and Mr. Theodore returned his gaze to Mr. Clarke.
"Very well, Mr. Clarke this project is yours then, I hope I can trust you with amazing products," Mr. Theodore uttered, then grabbed the cup of tea by the handle and brought it to his lips.
"I assure you, Mr. Theodore, we will schedule a meeting soon to talk more about the types of product technicians you'll be needing and of course, the contracts," Ben stated and Mr. Theodore nodded in response.
"That's perfect, let your secretary inform my assistant about the scheduled date," Mr. Theodore said.
"Not a problem, Sir," Ben smiled and Mr. Theodore stood up Ben stood up after him immediately and tugged on his suit, pulling them closer.
"I'll be taking my leave, Mr. Clarke," Mr. Theodore notified, and they both shook their hands firmly.
Ben watched Mr. Theodore walk away and his male assistant following behind him as they strutted out of the café.
"Congrats to you, Mr. Clarke," Vanessa spoke, smiling at her boss as Ben turned around and smiled at her.
"Thanks, Ms. Parker, great job to you, that was a hit," Ben commended her, Vanessa smiled and bowed her slightly feeling amazed by her boss's compliment and acknowledgment.
She had worked so hard on convincing Mr. Theodore to sign the project with them.
Beatrice sipped her tea, enjoying the taste, not by chance being bothered by Ben and Vanessa.
"Congratulations, Sir," Beatrice finally said as she dropped her cup of tea on the table, a slight smirk playing on her lips as Ben stared at her, his lips twitching slightly by the side.
"Thank you,"
"You two finish your tea, I have to make a call, and we will get going," Ben stated and excused himself from his two assistants.
"So, how was your time in Austria?" Vanessa asked Beatrice as she dropped her cup of tea on the table.
"Busy and a bit cool," Beatrice answered curtly.
"I guess you had a great time with the boss then," Vanessa spoke, trying to hide the irritation in her voice, and Beatrice faced her.
"Excuse me?" Beatrice questioned, arching a brow at her.
" Well, for your information, I didn't," Beatrice frowned at her while Vanessa scoffed.
"If you wanted to know if we had a great time, you should follow us next time," Beatrice shot at her.
Ben showed up, "Are you two done?" coming up beside them as he raised his head from staring at the smartphone he was typing on.
Beatrice dropped her cup of tea annoyingly on the table and grabbed her files, walking past Ben without sparing a glance at him, who was wondering what was wrong with her.
Beatrice got to where the driver was waiting patiently for them and opened the passenger's seat and slouched on the leather seat.
'What the heck is wrong with her?' Beatrice thought, rolling her eyes.
Ben and Vanessa were still inside the café.
"What happened to Ms. Coleman?" Ben asked curiously, staring intensely at Vanessa as he moved closer to the table.
"I don't know, sir," Vanessa shrugged and dragged her gaze away from her boss's.
"Okay, pay the bills, let's get going," Ben told her as she stood up.
✯✯✯✯✯✯
Drop a review, let me know your thoughts so far on the book.❥❥❥