Part Thirty-Eight.

Beatrice got to the office very early in the morning, she has some work to do before she asks Ben for permission to meet a new realtor, Lady Zara told her about.
"It's 7:30," She muttered as she glanced at her wristwatch and then stared at Ben's empty seat, she has been in the office for some minutes to seven in the morning.
'Is he not coming to work?' Beatrice thought when Ben hadn't come into the office, she sighed and stood up, telling herself not to bother since it wasn't too late for him to come to work, after all, he's the boss, and she is the one who came very early to work.
'Let me make his coffee before he comes,' She told herself and stood up from her seat, she arranged the files on her table neatly and proceeded to walk out of the office.
The elevator tinged as soon as she got to the second floor and the elevator door opened, Beatrice inhaled sharply, flapping her long hair to the back, and began walking towards the coffee machine, her hips swayed and rocked slightly in the flared suit trousers she was wearing.
She drew neigh to the spot where the coffee machine was when she saw Vanessa brewing her coffee.
'Goody miss is there too,' Beatrice scoffed inwardly as Vanessa backed her still making her coffee, then she hastened her pace and got closer to the counter.
"Good morning," Beatrice greeted and cleared her throat to get Vanessa's attention, which she succeeded.
'Who is that?' Vanessa thought already done brewing the coffee she was making for herself and turned her head over her shoulder to see who it was.
She rolled her eyes when she saw it was Beatrice, she never liked her, and she won't because she always thought Beatrice was trying to steal her boss whom she had feelings for secretly.
"Morning," Vanessa answered curtly, she noticed the smug look on Beatrice's face which made her dislike her the more.
Vanessa coughed too and carefully eyed Beatrice's outfit and hated it that Beatrice is continually trying to be so perfect in everything.
Her looks, styles, work mode, she had everything in her, maybe that's why her boss is so interested in her.
"Are you done?" Beatrice asked her, she wanted her to leave the spot, so she could be able to make Ben's coffee before he gets into the office.
"Ye--"
"Hey girls!" Someone chirped loudly and Beatrice breathed out knowing who it was already with that cheerful high voice while Vanessa turned her head to see it was.
"Beatrice, do you choose to ignore me?" Mia asked with a hurt expression as she moved closer to the counter, and Beatrice smiled and turned her face to look at Mia.
"I wasn't my dear friend," Beatrice answered, the corner of her lips twitching at Mia, who tsked.
Vanessa decided to get going since she saw the two ladies were quite familiar with each other, and she doesn't want to be the center of the other lady's attention.
"Hey!" Mia greeted noticing Vanessa who was about to start leaving without saying anything while Beatrice snapped her gaze at Mia, skeptically.
"Hey," Vanessa responded, stopping in her tracks, and giving Mia a warm smile.
"I'm Mia," Mia introduced, and Vanessa nodded.
"Vanessa," Vanessa said briefly, while Beatrice left the two to their get-to-know each other talks.
"Cool! Nice to meet you," Mia said.
"Likewise," Vanessa retorted, and Mia bobbed her head.
"You are the other secretary to the boss, right?" Mia asked, and Beatrice rolled her eyes and chose to continue with her coffee making.
"Uhm! Yeah, I will be going to my office," Vanessa informed, wanting the conversation to end just there, and Mia smiled at her while Beatrice was still busy brewing out the coffees.
"Okay, see you around," Mia told her, and she just nodded in response.
After Vanessa was gone, Beatrice turned her face over her shoulder and stared at Mia and arched a brow at her questioningly.
"What?" Mia asked, wondering why Beatrice was giving her an awkward look.
"What's with the getting familiar thing?' Beatrice asked Mia curiously, who laughed at first and then gave her a mischievous smirk.
"I just feel like," Mia answered and let out a chuckle.
"Mm,"
Beatrice placed the two cups of coffee on the counter when she was done with everything.
"So, what's up?" Mia asked Beatrice, who was about to grab the cups of coffee and start going.
"A lot," Beatrice muttered and sighed.
"A lot? What's going on?" Mia asked with concerns.
"We will talk later, Mia. I still have works to tend to," Beatrice said, and Mia pouted.
"Everyone has work to do," She rolled her eyes, and Beatrice smiled.
"I guess you have work to do also, get your coffee and stick your ass into work," Beatrice smirked.
"Nah! I rather stick my ass in a dick," Mia smiled to herself while Beatrice's eyes widened.
"You are always unbelievable,"
"I'm going," Beatrice dismissed herself as she began to make her way towards the elevator.
Beatrice got back to the office, and when she looked at Ben's seat, he wasn't there.
'He's not around yet,' She thought and made her way to his table.
She placed his coffee on the table and wondered what was going on with him, he had texted her last night and her distressed self-made her reply annoyingly to him.
"What if something is wrong with him?' She thought, blaming herself for not listening to what he had to say, maybe he wanted to pass a message to her.
Beatrice walked over to her desk, dropped her cup of coffee on the table, and grabbed her phone.
She switched it on and went to her message inbox to see any messages from Ben, but there was nothing, he even left her last message on read.
'I hope he's okay,' She thought worriedly, and decided to call him.
"No!" She said to herself on second thought and glanced at the time, it was some minutes to eight.
'Why should I call him?' She thought again.
'Because you're worried about him,' Her mind answered, and she bites her lower lips.
She stared at the screen of her phone, wondering if to click on Ben's name and call him, or instead she would wait for a few more hours.
After several thoughts, she settled in to call him...
Beatrice was about to click on Ben's name when her phone suddenly begin to ring and Mr. Shawn's name popped up.
'Why is he calling me? I thought we both agreed to meet after my decisions within a week,' Beatrice frowned.
"Hello," Beatrice said after accepting his call.
"Hello to you too, Ms. Coleman," Mr. Shawn greeted.
"Mr. Shawn, I don't understand why you are calling, but I believed we both came to a term that I wi--"
"Calm down, Ms. Coleman," Mr. Shawn interrupted, and Beatrice inhaled sharply.
"I'm calling you for a different reason," Mr. Shawn told her.
"And what is that?" Beatrice asked impatiently.
"This is good news, and I'm sure you will be happy to hear about it," Mr. Shawn informed her.
'I hope it's about the house rent,' Beatrice thought but decided not to place her hopes high, she should hear whatever thing Mr. Shawn has to say first.
"Okay, I'm listening," Beatrice uttered, trying not to sound too eager even though she was.
"Someone paid for your house rent, Ms. Coleman,"
Beatrice froze, this must be a dream, maybe she hasn't woken up from her Dreamland.
"Hello!"
"Ms. Coleman, are you there?" Mr. Shawn asked, jolting Beatrice from her trance, only then did she realize she was still holding her phone next to her ear.
"Ye-yes," Beatrice muttered in a raspy tone.
"You said what again?" She asked to be certain she heard right.
"Someone paid for your house rent," Mr. Shawn answered, and she pinched the side of her thighs with her left hand to make sure she is in reality.
'I heard right,'
"You mean the whole one point two million dollars?" Beatrice asked faintly, she wanted to pass out because she was finding it hard to believe.
She never told anyone about her bills, no one knew about this, not even her parents, then who was this person that paid her bills? Perhaps this was a mistake or something.
"Mr. Shawn, are you certain this is not a mistake?" She questioned.
"And please the person who paid this money drop anything about himself or herself?" Beatrice asked.
"Yes," Mr. Shawn responded, and her heart skipped a bit as she swallowed.
"Can I know the person's name, please?" Beatrice inquired.
"Hello?" Beatrice pondered, wondering why he didn't respond.
"Yes! Yes. Ms. Coleman,"
"Mr. Clarke," Mr. Shawn said, and Beatrice gasped, walking away from her table.
"Excuse me?" She frowned, wondering what was going on.
"Mr. Clarke?" Beatrice asked doubtfully, and she has never been this confused in her life.
Which of the Clarke's is he talking about, just then the door opened and Beatrice threw her gaze sharply to the entrance and Ben walked in wearing a deep blue suit and white shirt which wasn't buttoned completely, giving her a sneaky peek of his chest.
"I'm sorry to ask you another question, Mr. Shawn, but can I know his full name?" Beatrice asked, she wanted to clarify her doubts, as her eyes met with Ben's eyes and they both held each other intensely.
Ben also noticed that Mr. Shawn was the one speaking with Beatrice with the impulsive looks Beatrice had plastered on her face, and he watched her expectantly.
Her heart was beating rapidly against her chest, waiting for a response from Mr. Shawn.
"Benjamin Clarke."
And that was it, Beatrice's phone slipped off her hands in shock and tears watered her eyes immediately.