chapter 12 - they did more

T/W = talk of sexual abuse

Carina's POV

"what's happening?" Amelia asked just as confused as I was

"Maya?" I asked softly

When we got no response, we both looked at each other helpless

"Is this an attack?" Amelia asked

"I'm not sure? It could be? "I asked not knowing how to help her

We walked over to the station as we live right next to it but not knowing what to do, Amelia called kai thinking the extra hands would be helpful and assuming Maya wouldn't be able to walk wherever we were going

"kai" Amelia said putting them on speakerphone so I could talk to them as well

"Yeah, what's wrong?" kai said

"We have a bit of a situation with Maya"

"Is she having an attack?"

"We don't know, carina thinks somethings off can you come up to the station?"

"Yeah, I'll be there in two minutes"

"Ok see you soon"

Mayas POV

I was currently anywhere but the station, I was reliving what Amelia had brought up

*flashback*

"Open the door!" Robert shouted from outside my room

Robert was Hailey's friend, whenever my dad wasn't home, he would come round and made me wish my dad was there instead. My dad had boundaries, he would hit me, he would kick me, but he would never knock me out, he would never rape me. Robert on the other hand. That's all he ever did.

I had locked the door thinking it would keep him out until I could escape through the window, but he managed to break it down

"Where do you think you're going huh?"

He started punching me in the face, he would always do it in the face. He would spit on me, kick me, punch me, throw bottles at me, and he would always do it to my face.

I eventually preferred that as it usually knocked me unconscious so I wouldn't know what he was doing but this time he attacked right to the point where I would usually pass out but then he stopped.

He knew what he was doing, he wanted me to witness it. He then did what he usually does. He raped me. Except I was awake, I was awake the whole time.

I didn't sleep for years after leaving the house. I was afraid to close my eyes, anytime I was asleep, I couldn't fight back.

*End of flashback*

It was playing on repeat in my head, I couldn't hear what was going on in the room anymore, I couldn't move, I couldn't talk, I was stuck.

Carinas POV

Kai had arrived and walked into the office looking at Maya.

"You said it's not an attack, right?" kai asked

"Yes, she looks like she's left her body, this doesn't happen with an attack"

"I think it's a flashback"

"Hm?"

"When she has PTSD attacks, she knows where she is, she may not know who the people are, or may think they're other people, but she knows where she is. She can hear you, but she just can't respond, she's having a flashback. Its usually triggered by something so something that happened or something someone said caused her to remember something. Your right when you say she's not in her body anymore. She has moved entirely to her own reality, she can't hear us, she can't see us even though it looks like she's staring at the table, she has completely gone into her head."