chapter 20 - flashback

Mayas POV

I woke up the next day with carina but couldn't help but feel guilty for what's happening. I don't want her to feel like I don't trust her so I'm going to make these stupid exercises work no matter what.

"Morning Bella" I heard carina whisper

"morning"

"Are you ok?" she asked. I nodded my head on her chest, knowing that if I spoke, she would be able to tell something was wrong.

"Do you want to do anything today?"

"Can we go down to the station? Not to work, just to see everyone"

"If you want to"

After laying there for a while, we finally got up and got ready. Carina drove us to the station, and we walked into reception to be met by a very excited Travis

"Oh my god! I've missed you!" he screamed while running around

"Travis it's been 5 days," I say

"Exactly!"

"Well, we're going to the beanery, you coming?"

"Obviously, my two favourite people are here!"

We walked upstairs into the beanery and were met by everyone's shocked faces at the sight of me and carina. Travis was following behind us, practically dancing around.

"Bishop!" Vic screamed

"Hey!" I said to everyone, shocked by how surprised they are

"Hey you two" warren said

We sat down at the table with everyone, sitting next to each other.

"How are you both?" Andy asked

"Were good" carina answered

"How are you doing as captain?" I asked Andy

"I hate it. How do you enjoy this, it's just a bunch of paperwork, I haven't run into a fire in ages!"

"I like the power" I laughed

Carinas POV

I loved seeing Maya this way. Happy. It was like she come alive as soon as she stepped foot in this place. Maya was talking to the guys and Andy and Vic gestured that they wanted to talk to me. We went downstairs to reception and sat down on the spinning chairs which Andy found quite entertaining.

"So, how's she been doing?" Vic asks

"Well, we've started therapy and she's ok with it at the minute. She's been quiet though recently; this is the most excited I've seen her in a while"

"she's always been like that, she's happiest when she's here, we're like her family, and not metaphorically, for years, we've been all she has," Andy says

"Well, we'll probably be here again soon then."

"Good, we've missed you both" Vic says smiling

We went back upstairs and saw Maya playing table football with dean who was upset as he was losing. Travis and Jack were cheering them on as warren was like the dad in the back trying to keep the peace.

I stood watching for a while, happy that Maya was smiling again until Maya noticed me.

"I've beat dean like 3 times now" she gloats

"of course, you have" I smile

"Well, I'm going to practice with warren so the next time you're here, I'm going to beat you 4 times"