XVII

RAFES POV

i answer the door. two policemen and a police women was standing there.
i clear my throat "what can i do for you officers?"
a fake smile plasters my face as i scan over the scene behind them.
"we got a call saying there was a girl stealing from wards office. mind if we take a look."
my eyes shoot back to them.
"oh right. that. yeah it's okay now. it's sarah's friend. dad knows she's here"
"she's here now?"
"uh no. not at the moment"
"where is she?" the woman asks.
"i don't know she just left so.."
suddenly a car pulls into the driveway. my dads car. rose and him rush out and run towards me. he mutters i'll be back to me and the officers and then runs into the kitchen, where i hear him hugging and apologising for letting her stay under this roof. he comes back out and stands next to me, placing a hand on my shoulder.
"hi officers. wanna come in? tea? coffee?"
they nod and enter.
we all sit down in the living room. the police officers asking us questions.
"wheezie can you show us the tape recording" the woman asks in a baby voice like shes fucking six. wheezie pulls a face and then agrees, running upstairs to get her laptop.
"see we don't usually check cameras because we have a trust in this house so we know what's going on when and wherever" rose says smiling her familiar smile.
wheezie then runs in, her laptop in hand, she sets it down on the table for us all to see.
it shows harley entering the room and looking around. she checks al the drawers, the desk and then the cuboards.
"i stopped it here to call dad" she speaks up.
we continue watching the video tho. we watch as we see me enter and i talk to her. we then both leave the room.
"what we're you talking to her about?" an officer asks.

338 words+