Makeup 😏

Blurred.

That's what everything was.

Harry dragged himself out of the toilet stall, walking past the sinks and straight back out to the nightclub. It was unhygienic enough already, why did he need to wash his hands?

He wiped the sweat off his hands on his shorts, thankful to hear a familiar voice even if he couldn't see it clearly. It sounded like Freezy and from following it he stumbled into a large table hoisted into the ground, arm nudging and spilling several drinks.

"Erm are you okay?" One of the girls chanted, high pitched and false.

It was clear the group were now ridiculing him so he nodded and carried on following the voice, his vision tunnelling every so often.

"There you are Harry, started to think we'd lost you"

A strong set of arms grabbed him by his shoulders steadying him as he relaxed into them.

"Christ Harold you're a mess" Freezy exclaimed slightly laughing.

It wasn't that it was humorous, it was that there was no other satisfactory response to the situation. They were all drunk, it was what usually happened on a night out.

"Fancy a shot on me"

"Nah mate" Harry managed to slur out.

It was a wonder how he'd strung together somewhat of a normal sentence. The boys were bad influences, he was sure of it.

It had been the only thing to take his mind off it. The tension, the awkwardness, the tears he heard her choke back as he passed her door in the hallway.

He couldn't stand it, he had to be out of there.

So instead here he was.

"So, that lass over there has been eyeing you up most the night bog, you fancy making a move before your hair goes grey lad" Freezy joked.

Harry looked curiously before turning his head straight back to his friend who currently he was seeing double of.

"She's got red hair. Not for me I think"

"Oh come on bog, you've been in a sad state all night. I don't know how much more of this I can do before I drown myself in tequila" Callux joined the two "you couldn't just kiss and make up. You had to come and bring your sorry ass out and ruin our fun with all these saucy ladies"

"I can leave" Harry snapped back defensively "wouldn't want you ruin any of your fun"

The tone was heavily sarcastic as he pushed callux away, heading to the entrance of the club.

All he could describe it as was a giant blur. A mesh of colours, sequenced together as he tried desperately to regain his footing. It wasn't working much though, he still stumbled into plenty of walls on his way out.

He shivered as he reached for his phone, that was currently ringing loudly.

He didn't have time to check the caller, he pressed it to his ear as he sat on a step beside the club, luckily bouncers seemed to be closer to the smoking area, giving him some breathing space. Nobody else seemed to be doing.

"Hi" he slurred down his speaker.

"Where you at har" josh spoke through calmly.

Course it would be josh, the level headed one.

Course he'd be at home whilst all the rest of them were drinking away whatever demons they didn't want to face.

"Wanted to know where you were, Freezy said you buggered off"