Twenty-Six

Lisa

It is bright, sunny. Just like where I use to live back in Thailand. My home. Unlike Korea, who you can't even go out with thin clothes, especially when October comes. Thailand is free, relaxing. The weather is fine, I can go out anytime with comfortable clothes, not with thick clothing. It was warm, cozy. It's so homey. Thailand is my home. But Korea is where my heart lives.

"Lisa!" The Korean runs, her gummy smile showing. Her beauty radiating with the beautiful day. The sun giving her this unique glow that made her like an angel walking on land. An angel without wings. A beautiful angel indeed. "Join me!" she invited, sitting on the ground covered with beautiful green grass perfectly scattered. The tree behind her gives her enough shade from the sun. Her white dress perfectly swaying along with the wind.

I made my way to her spot, sitting close to her. Her exposed skin on the arms slightly brushes on mine. The feeling of her skin on mine gives me this incredible feeling, like I want to touch her all day, feel her everyday. Jennie's giving me her brightest smile, that smile that will instantly erase all my sorrows away. She's a gift, a precious one. Like a gem, hidden under the depths of the earth. She is amazingly wonderful. Unique, one of a kind.

Jennie is an addiction, my addiction. My personal heroin. Like a drug, a cure, everything. She's my everything.

"It's beautiful here, right?" Jennie said, as her eyes look forward, soaking up the wonderful view ahead of us. the beautiful city of Seoul.

Thailand is where my body resides, but my heart lives here. And the reason why my heart choses this is sitting beside me, hugging her knees as she feel the wind brushes through her cheeks with eyes closed.

She's perfect.

"How did you find this place?" I asked, never tearing my gaze on her.

"I don't know, I just did." She giggled, making her shoulders up and down. "This is where I use to pray and wish. This place saw everything in me. Knows everything. I keep wishing here to please bring you back to me. Everyday, I come here to wish."

The information is new to me. Jennie didn't even mention something going here. I kinda envy it. The place was there and I wasn't because I am being an ass. "Why are we here? Are you going to wish again?"

Jennie nodded, her lips in a tight smile. "What is it?" Finally, she shifted on her seat, facing me.

"I wish to be happy." Her confession made me confuse. She's not happy with me? "Happy on my own."

Fear crept up on my whole system. This is my worst fear. She's my worst fear.

"I've realize that I am not that happy. I thought I am, but one night I woke up crying and feel like I've never been happy like ever. Maybe I am better alone. Maybe I can be happy on my own." This is what I am afraid the most. That everything will hit me back, and will turn against me. I was afraid that I will be the one to be left out.

"Jennie, please don't talk like that."

"Have you ever think of living without me?" I didn't speak. I always picture myself with her. Even though how fuck up my life is. I always dreamed of her. Be with her, but do I deserve her? "Because lately I've been thinking of myself being alone, it felt good. For me. Like for the first time in forever I am free, no wishes, no prayers. No more waiting. Just me."

"No, Jennie, you're just saying that because we fought, we can fix this. We can work this out." I freaked out. I don't want where this is going.

"Can we, Lisa?" the expression on her face tells me that she knows what she's saying. She knows what she wants. "Aren't you tired of this never ending cycle of our relationship? It's like a wheel, repeating and repeating its way of direction. Like the sun rising and setting. It just won't stop."