Twenty-Seven

Jennie

"You okay Jennie?"

"Huh?" My head snap on the Australian voice inside my office. She was holding a glass of water staring right through me. "I'm sorry what is it?"

On the opposite on where I sat is Jisoo, whose attention on the papers on the table is transferred to me. "You've been staring out of the window for like 15 minutes straight. Are you ok?"

Oh. Jisoo raise her brow and scan my entire face. Her focus now on me. "Yeah yeah I'm alright. Just wondering."
She closes her book and place it back on the couch beside her.

"I think the question is, have you been ok?" Jisoo knows me. Like every single thing about me. How I breathe, how I blink. It's just she's like my twin, and miss know it all.

"Yeah I'm totally fine and ok."I cleared my throat. Trying to mask the nervousness. Thinking that maybe she will slip this off.

"Doesn't sound convincing though." Of course she wouldn't just drop this off. "Lia said you've been pretty out of your... character, lately." Her hazel brown eyes scans me up and down. Rosie move to her side, sitting beside her.

"It's nothing to worry about unnie, Rosie. Thank you for asking." I said busying myself again on the papers I am reading before I drove off.

"You sure?" Rosie questioned more.

"Yeah I'm sure, its just work. I have a lot of deadlines after Christmas and New Year so I'm pretty loaded. Plus Lisa and I are ok now so there's nothing to worry about."

Shit.

"So this is about Lisa." She confirmed.

"What did she do this time?" Rosie angrily said.

"No no. Where fine! I mean, we've been through a lot. But we're ok now. I'm glad that we patch things up. Really, you don't have to worry a thing." The two walk near me, placing their hands on my lap.

"Why didn't you tell us?"

"I know, I'm sorry. But I just thought that you guys are having you own problems too. Plus we are both getting married, I think it's not right to brought you in my own problems. "

"Jennie we're friends, and we are going to be a family too. So whatever is going on with you then we are involve in it too. That's what families are for." I smiled and lean my forehead on Rosie's shoulder.

"I'm sorry. But thank you. It's really good that there are friends whom I can trust fully."

"And we will always be." I smiled more. It's like hitting two birds in one stone. Having a friend and a family at the same time.

"Are you sure your ok tho?"

"Yes. In fact, I am meeting Lisa now. We need to do something." I pack up my things and kiss my friends goodbye.

"Just try to keep your libido guys into yourselves ok?" Jisoo shouted making me laugh.

"I'll try!"

~

"Hey babe." Lisa greeted as she met me in the basement of my building. She kiss me on the forehead before helping me get on the car. "Have you eaten?"