Twenty-Nine

Jennie

Everything is stressful. Work, life, career. Not to mention how highly in-demand Nieeh is, I had to pull more manpower from the growing business. I made Jisoo as the COO and Rosie as one of my partner designers. Lisa has officially agreed to be part of Nieeh, as well as her studio as our main photographer for our models.

I have different offers of brand endorsement. Photoshoots here and there. It's just so tiring. But Lisa beside me? It's wonderful, worth it. I've never been this happy and contented in my life again. When I thought things between Lisa and I wont change, well I'm wrong. Things are better, with her. Love is better, with her. And life is better with her.

There's only one problem left. It is Irene.

That woman just won't stop. Calling Lisa a thousand times, barging into Lisa's work everytime, making a scene in her office. And knowing Lisa, she doesn't want any issues. She don't want eyes prying on her. So she's giving in. But don't get her wrong. It was my idea too. The closer we are to her, the closer we are to answers.

The following day, Taylor handed me the information we needed about the Bae's. It's true that the Bae's don't have any relatives here. But Irene's mom is not here and living in Japan, the real one. I was right. That woman is not her real mom. Then who is she? What is her true relation with Irene? Apparently I only got basic informations about Irene, and no other personal issues, and aside from the fact that she's using her mothers surname. I never knew. I guess there's a lot of thing I din't k ow about my friend. Or should I say ex friend.

~

I was inside the café of Seul's, specifically in our private room. I got a hold of Seulgi's whereabouts after her vacation and just decided to meet her. Taylor was just right outside. Lisa didn't want me to be on my own after that incident in my office.

The private room door opened and Seulgi entered with a bright smile on her face.

"Hey Jen!" Seul engulf me with a warm hug which I gladly return.

"Seul! It's nice to see you again."

"I'm sorry I am late, got stock on the traffic." I shook my head and pull her to sit.

"Don't worry, I practically just got here. How are you? How's vacation with boyfriend?" I said emphasizing the boyfriend word and a teasing tone. The bear instantly blush and gently slap my arm.

"Oh god! I'm gonna kill mom for telling this to you."

"She loves me. Sorry." Seul and I laugh. God it's so nice to be with your other friends too. "So?"

"Well, the vacation is nice. And so is Daniel. But he's not my boyfriend, whatever mom told you, it's not true."

"So Daniel huh, is he hot?" I tease. Seulgi blushes even more, with her sly smile as she fidgets her fingers on her lap.

She nodded shyly. "Totally." And I squeal. I guess the Powerpuff Gays are not all gays now. "Ok enough of me. Why are you looking for me?"

My happy face instantly drops into a serious one. "Yeah, about that. Have you heard any about Irene?"

"None, why? Haven't heard anything from her about 3 years? Almost."