𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐉𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫 - 𝐜𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐫𝐨

( I promised, now I have to deliver. I was held at gunpoint/j.
HOPE YOU ENJOY)

Breathing softly, you murmured quietly amongst each other. The imperial at your side gazing at the cloudless night sky.
"My listener?" A voice called out, his voice, you hummed, letting him know you heard and are listening to what he had to say.

"Why didn't you let poor Cicero die back in Dawnstar Sanctuary?" He curiously asked, making you think of an acceptable answer.
"..I don't know, really. I guess, your giddy personality is what I needed in my life, and to let Astrid order me to kill the only light I had? I wouldn't live with myself, even if I did do it." You answered honestly, closing your eyes as you leaned back against the boulder you were sat a few inches away from.

The imperial took in what you'd said, making him think before nodding, before speaking to you seriously, which had shocked you.
"Cicero wouldn't live with himself either if you died on one of your adventures." He admitted to you, allowing the silence to creep over you both.

Minutes passed, none of you had spoken before you reached for the jesters hand. "..thank you." You whispered softly, giving a squeeze before letting go.
"For what, dear listener?" He perked up, making you laugh a bit. "For not fighting back during the Dawnstar incident."
"Cicero is most certainly welcome!" He smiled widely, making you smile.

This was what you wanted, but didn't expect to get. This was nice, soothing. Maybe you made a right choice, and you certainly didn't regret it.

————
It's like, 3am as I write this. Anyways, hope you enjoyed this!(Even if it's shit)
I am prone to writing short stories now, istg—
-goat-