𝐂𝐡𝐨𝐢𝐜𝐞𝐬 /𝐥𝐝𝐛/

-ehhh, a bit of Miraak and a bit of Paarthurnax, it would depend which side you'd choose if I actually make this a three/four part story.

Staring ahead of them was a path that couldn't be denied; an unwanted glorified destiny. If you could call it that, instead, they felt that their demise was nearing. Getting closer each day as they continued on.

They stared emptily at the scroll before them, wondering if it was worth the risk. If so, what would come out of it? Ever since finding out that they were the legendary figure that was prophesied to save the world and destroy the great evil, they didn't know what to really believe and whether they wanted to save this broken world or not, after the things that's happened and the stuff they endured, why should they bother trying?

Their efforts would be in vain either way, now that they think of it, depending if they would be forgotten or not. All that would be left of them in the future would be their deeds and title. Nothing more. A song would likely be made in their honour but that didn't matter to them.

Would they be left to turn to dust? Would they be the same tragedy they once were, a selfless hero doomed to the fate the gods had chosen for them? They sighed, shaking their head. It couldn't be stopped now. There was no alternative ending.

This was the fate the gods had chosen.

They slowly made their way up the 7000 steps to High Hrothgar, the winds that blew vigorously didn't leave any feeling in their cheeks or fingers. All except the feeling of dread in the pit of their stomach. It continued on as they passed the ancient building and to the entry way of the Throat of the World, where it awaits. Another step closer to their end.

They took a deep breath and walked farther up the mountain, the scroll tucked into their knapsack. He is waiting. A menacing voice echoed in their head, one that was not their own. You walk towards death. The voice was gruff and held a dark aura. Why do you continue? It is pointless. They ignored it, even as it kept talking as they made their way to their destination. Your fate could be your own.. they stopped in their tracks, your own fate?

As if the voice had felt them stop moving, it continued enticing them with words. Be your own. They stayed still, waiting for it to continue, but it didn't. It was silent. They forgot how much they hated it. It left an overwhelming feeling in them that they could not describe, where they would be left with their own thoughts and what to do to distract them self.

They took a sharp inhale and a slow exhale, calming their own nerves. After a minute of standing on the cold mountainside, they kept walking as they did before, preparing to inform Paarthurnax that they had it.

Only pain and suffering awaits you, Dragonborn.

The first Dragonborn spoke, his echoing voice taunting them as they opened the scroll at the time wound, the elder dragon on the large boulder watching with worry in his eyes.

And so it will. They thought, their vision going white as they held the scroll in front of them.
________
Okay so, this was supposed to be posted yesterday but I had a flight and went trick or treating with some distant relatives. Sorry about that, happy late Halloween!:D
-Juno-