Darien Gautier & [Name]

(I write when it's convenient. For me, that is.)

"You, my new friend, owe me a drink. After all this has blown over, that is."

A voice had echoed in your head, and a sudden sharp pain was pounding against your skull that caused you to grimace. The light of the sun that shone through the windows ended up hitting your face, and inevitably, your eyes, causing you to scrunch up your face and turn it the other way.

"Tell me, do you carouse?"

You sighed, placing a hand on your forehead before, albeit hesitantly, getting up from your odd position on the chair.

When you felt that you were no longer groggy from having just woken up after a night of drinking, you fixed your posture.

'Divines, what happened?' You thought, looking around the room. You faintly recall the laughter, and the smell of ale. But neither of which tell you what exactly transpired here.

You do remember Darien and another person, whoever that was. You'd find out later, after you've dealt with the hangover. Your eyes land on a cup, which seemed to have been filled with water. Beside it, a plate of bread.

Your brows furrowed.

"Ah, there they are! Up and shining like a daisy." Darien, after emerging from the bottom of the stairs, spoke up. Loudly, of course, which caused you to wince.

"...do daisies even shine?" You asked after a few seconds of silence.

"I have absolutely no idea."
He replied, a slight smile on his face. Typical.
"I don't even want to know what goes through your mind. Except, I don't know, maybe pretty women." You grabbed the cup of water, taking a long needed drink from it.

Darien shrugged off your comment, "Not all the time."

You placed down the nearly empty cup, and reach for the piece of bread, looking it over before taking a bite out of it.

"This bread's a bit stale."

"It was that or cheese."

"Unless Sheogorath took the cheese, I would've preferred it."

You rolled your eyes, head still pounding, the pain growing lesser by the moment.

"What happened last night?" You asked the Breton, who had moved to sit at a chair across from you.

"A lot."

"Be specific."

"I.."

"You don't remember either?"

Darien huffed.
"No."

___________
Idek I just love the lil' dynamic between the Vestige and Darien🤌
Also, they never get that drink, do they?
A little snippet? Drabble? I don't know, it's almost 6am here. But heyyy
I wrote somethinggg🤭
Also big mystery at the beginning, don't know why I did that.
-JUNO