𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐀𝐫𝐜𝐡-𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐞 - 𝐯𝐲𝐫𝐭𝐡𝐮𝐫

(... this elf needs some lovin', y'all. I stand by what I said.)

Taking in your cold surroundings, a shiver ran down your spine. Why were you doing this? Why did you even agree? Looking around for the wayshrines, you continued on your trek, occasionally looking back to make sure Serana was there, following closely. She was, but she was a bit behind, which made you slow down your pace a bit.

Again, these thoughts didn't leave just because you wondered if your companion was still close behind. They kept running through your head, at the two wayshrines, your anxiety began slowly increasing. It made you want to turn around and run back, it made you wanna throw up. What am I doing? You questioned yourself, narrowing your eyes up at the waysrhine coming into view.

"Welcome, initiate. You have reached the wayshrine of resolution." You closed your eyes, the prelate's voice echoing. He opened the shrine, and you filled the ewer with the liquids and continued on your way to the next wayshrine, where you had to sneak past the betrayed.

Before even stepping a foot closer to the stoned bridge, a hand rested on your shoulder, "are you doing alright?" Asked Serana, who had her brows furrowed at your silent form. "..are we doing the right thing?" You asked her, not meeting her eyes.
"If this is about my father, then yes, why do you—" "no, I mean, about killing the knight-paladins brother, Vyrthur." You looked at her, eye bags clear as day. (Yeah, I see you=_= lmaojk-)

She stopped speaking for at least a minute before opening her mouth to form a sentence, but non had left it. She was speechless to say the least, she hadn't expected you to wonder where your truest goal lay, whether it'd be good for you but bad for others.

"Are we even sure killing one of the last few snow elves is right?" You added after a moments silence, "I don't even know what's going through my head right now.." you murmured, "forget I said anything." You finished, continuing on walking before you began sneaking.

——

It was difficult getting past the betrayed, much to the vampires dismay, but you both managed.
Being the reason was another wayshrine was up ahead, and you were just about each step closer to the chantry. The nervous feeling you had didn't go away, it remained, lurking in the depths of your mind.

Serana had been quiet since the whole ordeal about 'is this right?' But occasionally made remarks.

Reaching the wayshrine, the prelate began speaking. You tuned him out a bit, letting out a small 'yes' so he could be able to activate the wayshrine.
Filling the ewer, which was now heavier, you began walking over the bridge, admiring the ancient Falmer architecture.

The stature of Auri-El came into view, that's when dread began filling your stomach. Why were you feeling this way? You began asking yourself, each step closer to opening and entering the chantry. Why didn't you want to go through with this? You walking up the steps, the closer you were to filling the emptied fountain-like pillar. (I stg I don't know what it's called.)

Why did his presence seem so familiar? The name? The race? Why were you hesitating? Taking a deep inhale, you poured it into the fountain, watching as it drained. Following where it trailed to, you noticed the sun shape in front of the door. The sun on the door began spinning before it unlocked.

Looking back at the vampire a few feet away from you, you turned back to the door and walked forwards, entering the inner sanctum.

——

Now inside, you noticed the frozen falmer, furrowing your brows. What was going on? You thought questionably, before looking around and began looting. (Classic DB.)

Making it past the inner sanctum and coming across a frost giant while you were busy gathering essentials, you were finally approaching the chapel, which made your stomach churn.
Jumping off the ledge, you walked through the iced crevice, Serana following suit.

As you entered the chapel, your breathing hitched. Frozen falmer were everywhere, with a bit of frozen chaurus's. Taking in the the forms, you looking at the end of it, which sat the snow elf. I've seen that face before.. you realized, more confused.

He began speaking his monologue, which you had tuned out as you collected your thoughts, you were quite sure Serana said something to him before the chaurus's broke free and began charging at you both, which you and her began fending off.

——-

You stood at the top of the stairwell, looking down at the snow elf, who turned out to be a vampire. You may have looked like you were unaffected by this whole fight, but you were dying inside. After everything that's happened to him? You walked down the stairs slowly, as he held his side with his eyes closed.

"Auri-El, forgive me."

He muttered, the pain in his voice visible to all ears, which only meant you and Serana.

You readied an 'undead healing' spell and casted it on him, trying to ignore the confused stare from Serana.

Taking a deep breath while he stared up at you in shock, you began speaking, "I'll take you to Falion and get you cured."

Serana nearly choked on your words, despite them not being hers.

"Why are you doing this?" He asked, standing up, with you standing along side him. "Nobody deserves this," you reasoned, more so to yourself than he, "and after everything that's happened? I'm honestly surprised you made it this far."

Looking at the centre of the balcony, it began rising, then Gelebor stepped out. Looking at Vyrthur, you then Serana then back at you in confusion.
"Serana, could you stay behind while I take the Arch-curate to Falion?" You asked, taking a sip of a minor healing potion.

"Sure, I guess.." she was confused, you saw that, but you didn't want to know what she wanted to ask. You didn't have the time, you began walking to the wayshrine until Gelebor stopped you by your arm and asked, "are you sure you know what you're doing?" To which you responded with a nod.

"I'm quite sure." You confirmed, making sure Vyrthur was following closely behind before entering the portal.

You only did this because you remembered him from a past life. You realized, you couldn't end his life when it had already ended all that long ago. Maybe that was why you spared him.

————-
DOWOKDOD I HATE THIS TOO BUT I PROMISED A VYRTHUR ONESHOT FOR MY SIBLING ABJDJD
Hope you enjoyed, I suppose.
Also, might write another Ancano oneshot, whaddya say?👀👀
C i a o
-Goat-