𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 - 𝐦𝐢𝐫𝐚𝐚𝐤 𝐈𝐈

The sky...

    It was quiet at this time of year, everyone was with their families, celebrating amongst themselves. And here you were, sitting out on the steps outside your home, staring up at the night sky. The aura brealis were out, and you could only stare in awe and sorrow.

Is this the cost of being a hero? You had asked yourself after you were tasked with more and more quests, given to you by people who would barely bat an eye in your direction once more.

You felt alone, after defeating Alduin you thought that you could finally retire the Dragonborn title and live your days in peace.

Oh, how wrong you were. People still needed help, they still asked for favours from you.

You sighed bitterly at the thought, taking a swig of your drink as you continued staring up at the night sky, your only true companion.

"What seems to trouble you, little Wyvern?"

A resonating voice had spoken up, a door closing after.

"Do you think the sky as your only companion, Miraak?"

You asked him, not sparing the elder Dragonborn a glance.

"No." He answered your question, still standing behind you as you stared up into the very thing that separates your world from aetherious. "I haven't for a thousand years."

You nodded softly, showing that you were listening to him. The feelings didn't leave. So, you took another swig of the drink in your hands.

"I often wonder.." he spoke up again, and you made a noise that urged him to continue, "why do you spend your nights out here when you are not wandering around Skyrim?"

You placed the bottle next to you, thinking of words to say, gathering enough thoughts to form a simple answer.

"Because I see the sky as my only companion. The very thing that has stayed with me when others left me behind," you kept your eyes on the sky, the stars, the two moons that occupied its very space, "every night, whether I am here or elsewhere, even in the wilderness, it is, and will always be, there. And I can only stare as I drown in my loneliness."

The shuffling of shoes and clothing made you turn your melancholy gaze to the Atmoran, who now sat beside you, masked face upwards facing the sky.

"And..I suppose, I can share my loneliness with another."

You turned your gaze back up at the sky, your companion, but no longer your only one.

"The stars are bright tonight."

He spoke up after minutes of being silent, staring up into the sparkly abyss you referred to as your only companion, trying to find pieces of you, trying to better understand where you were coming from.

Things changed, they were no longer the way it was back in his time, before he had chosen his own fate. He was grateful, in a way. Someone was there to show him things, make him realize stuff.

This? This was the only way he could repay the favour.
Finding bits of you in the things you speak highly of, so sorrowfully about and find so, so beautiful and magnificent.

If companionship was falling like a feather, would the sudden breeze of love ever make it lose its course and change the way things can be seen and thought of?

______
AAAAAAAAAAAA
I, lovely author, have started school.  (Since like august but whatever) and I was so caught up in things and whatnot (rings of power) that I forgot I write things.
Anyways. This started out as a..idk, anyways, this wasn't supposed to be a Miraak thing but, hey, I'm a sucker for AU redemption arcs so yeah.
Hope you enjoyed:)
Small edit: I re-read something. Sorry about that—
[JUNO]