𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐚𝐠𝐞 𝐀𝐩𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐢𝐜𝐞 - 𝐛𝐫𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧𝐚 𝐦𝐚𝐫𝐲𝐨𝐧

It was always like this. A hero would rise up to defeat the great evil that would try to destroy or take over Tamriel. History always repeated itself. Especially when the hero was always compassionate, determined. They never stopped even when the hero did what had to be done. There was always more. Always more.

The stories your mother told you.. they always ended the same way. The hero would never be seen again.

"The Vestige?" You had asked, so young, so naive. "We do not know their fate," she'd respond. "We never will."

"What about the dagger..fall agent?" You asked again, this time a different hero. She repeated herself as she tucked you in, lightly rubbing her thumb on your cheek as if you were a blessing from the gods. "Somewhere out there. Or not here at all."

"The Hero of Kvatch?" You asked her again, brows raised in curiosity, and in pride, as if you didn't stumble on your words when trying to remember the heroes. "Gone. No one knows what happened." She had answered, once again tucking you in. It was always like this. She'd tell you a story, and you'd ask her questions.

"What... happened to the Nerevarine?" You asked her again, sitting up despite her telling you to lay down. She smiled regardless. Ever the curious child. Her curious child. "Left Tamriel behind. No one knows if they're alive." She answered.

You'd listened to your mothers stories, wondering if you'd live in a lifetime where a hero would rise to defeat a great evil.

You just.. didn't anticipate being that hero. It was a mistake, trying to cross the border. It was a mistake, doing what you did for the Jarl of Whiterun. But you couldn't stop it. Not when it gave a kind of thrill. Travelling all over, doing things. You now understood why those heroes did what they did. It was a exhilarating experience, slowly gaining strength, slowly gaining knowledge far beyond a normal mortals comprehension.

"When.. will you stop? Why can't you stop?" Brelyna had asked one evening, standing with you as you stood up on the rooftop of the College of Winterhold.

You didn't respond.

How could you? You couldn't explain it. You didn't want to stop.

"I... I don't know." You responded after a couple of minutes of silence.

She furrowed her brows, then turned to look at the sea of ghosts, the winds picking up as the sun slowly set.

"Regardless.. I'm just.. glad to have met you." You stopped, why did it sound like a goodbye? As if.. she were bidding you farewell?

But you knew why. You never stopped. Not since your mother died. Not since the responsibility was put on your shoulders.

"I am too." You replied to her, waiting for her to say something else. Something to make you stay. To make you stop.

But she didn't. Instead, she kept her gaze forward, enjoying the silence. Enjoying your presence for as long as she could before you pushed on.

And you did. Because when the time was right, you stopped the great evil.

________
I am a liar and a greedy person.
RAHHHHHHHH
-Juno