𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐊𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧 - 𝐠𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐛𝐨𝐫 𝐈𝐈

(I was doing the Dawnguard quest earlier and I- listen. I'm a simp, and a pretty big one at that. Have this short Drabble.)

Dreams.

What were those dreams that slowly took over your slumber? You wondered, every time you woke up, every time you would go to sleep. It was odd, but it felt real, like it had happened.

The dreams weren't pleasant, you knew that, but the way they looked and the way everything was, there was bloodshed everywhere. Screams may have plagued your ears, the sound of footsteps fleeing and the clanging of swords was heard in the distance, then cheering as something gave the other hope. Others were confused.

There stood a figure in your dream, tall, pale, sat atop a pale horse. He may have been taller than any altmer male you have seen or met. He held a spear in his hand, on his head was a crown of ancient and long forgotten craftsmanship, long hair cascading down onto his shoulders then to his back, where it swayed in the blizzard that surrounded him.

How these dreams came to you was a mystery.
It was when you had entered Darkfall cave that you understood, the pale elf in your dream was a falmer, a snow elf. Only, the one you had the pleasure of meeting wore no crown nor held a spear.

"I am knight-paladin Gelebor."

He introduced, then that's when everything pieced itself together.

An ancient civilization was not what you expected to be learning today, badly you wanted to ask about the snow elf in your dream but you bit back your tongue. The snow elf before you noticed, but decided to say anything.
You were there for Auri-El's bow and to end his brother, that was all he knew at the moment.
The vampire with you noticed like he did, deciding to ask you after this exchange. Serana knew better than to ask right now, when you were busy trying to get on with the quest.

[...]

Finished with the quest, you sat on the stairs of the chantry, bones aching from the fighting. Unlike Serana, you were more easily exhausted, which is why Vyrhtur had kept on his relentless attacks on you, and occasionally fought off Serana whenever he could to keep up with his motive.

Still, you won. But it felt wrong, that guilty feeling in the pit of your stomach didn't and wouldn't leave, these dreams you had nightly always foretold something like this, but they seemed always set on the past. Almost as if telling you that history will always repeat itself.

Gelebor and Serana were concerned while you sluggishly sat there, wondering.
Serana wondered if you'd be able to stand back up, considering you had few minor wounds on your legs, which confused her as well, considering you didn't cast a healing spell on yourself yet.
Gelebor thought he'd asked too much of you, to kill his brother. He knew the hardships that you'd face once starting the pilgrimage, but you had someone with you. He'd wondered if you'd gotten any sleep at all, which would mean you'd spend some time here regaining your strength and heal.

He didn't mind, but Serana did, you had to stop her father and this prophecy, she was concerned for your well being, yes.

It was more so confusing for her, she wanted you to heal, of course, but it would also mean someone, a vampire scout more likely, could walk into the wayshrine and just. Yeah, you get it, I think.

Once you'd regain what little strength you had, you stood up and drank a minor healing potion.

"What do we do now?" Asked Serana, who had walked up to you.
"Wait here and heal for a bit, Vyrthur didn't exactly do easy on me, Serana. Even the frozen falmer managed to get a few critical hits." You told her, wincing when you moved your arm to far.

"That would be best." Gelebor agreed, his hand making contact with the injured arm, which didn't fully heal despite drinking a health potion, then again it was a minor one.

Wincing at the contact, pain shot through your arm, then a light tingling sensation replaced it. He'd casted a healing spell on you, considering you didn't cast one on yourself yet.

Sighing, you flexed your hand a bit, no searing sensation shooting up your arm anymore. Serana nodded after taking a few moments to think, you were mortal after all. If you didn't let yourself rest up before starting on your journey again, would mean more hardships. And the gods knows you don't need that, so it was decided.

You'd rest here for a day or so to properly rest. After all, you did have Auri-El's bow, they can wait for a bit, despite Serana's what if's.

[...]

Sitting beside the fire you had started, you let yourself warm up. Walking around the vale wasn't at all comforting or warming, sitting in the vale wasn't at all comforting also.

While letting yourself warm, you held the blanket around your form tightly, being the only thing you could do whilst you were lost in your mind.
You wondered, what would you dream about if you fell asleep right now. Would it be of the snow elf, who held himself with authority and honour, or would it be of something else, another warning maybe.

Movement shook you out of your thoughts, someone sitting next to you allowed yourself to glance in their direction. Gelebor sat there, looking calmly into the fire that crackled in front of the two of you.

"What's on your mind, friend?" He asked you, his attention directed towards you but not his gaze.

Letting your gaze go back to the fire in front of you, you thought about whether or not you should tell him. Thinking, you decided.

"I've had dreams, most about a pale man sat atop of pale horse, a weapon in his hand, long hair swaying violently behind him in the blizzard mist that surrounded him." You explained, remembering the very first time you'd had this dream, it's become a memory, a part of you now. You wouldn't forget it.

Almost all too familiar with the description, he let his gaze become distant. No longer trained on the fire but on something else.

"It would seem I would know what or who you dreamed about." He told you truthfully, letting you think about it. It did seem likely, so you nodded, a sign for him to continue.

"Your dreams seem odd, but even then, your description matches with someone who's been long dead," you turned to look at him, eyebrows furrowed, "he was known as the Snow Prince, once. Long forgotten by most, but remembered by those who lived long to have heard about it."

That would explain the crown he wore on his head, the way he gave off the sense of regality and pride, the cheers that were in the background when he'd shown up, prepared for battle.

"It would seem so.." you muttered, now content with learning who was the man in your dreams as of late.
_________________
This wasn't short. Hejfkskfk. Anyways, an actual oneshot? With my favourite snow elf? With my what if thought? Yes. When I read the "Fall of the Snow Prince" at the Skaal village, I was like "Waiiit."
And then this happened.
Yuh.
-Goat|Indra-