The Darkest of Dreams

Drip

Drip

Drip

Killua's eyes snapped open at the sound of water dripping, quickly sitting up he only saw complete darkness all around. It stretched on for miles as Killua got up and was greeting with the sound of splashing water. He looked down to see he was standing in water that was up to his ankles.

The water was filled with red strings that floated in the water like a blood-red vein making Killua glare at it.

They reminded Killua of the stitches that were placed on Gon the same stitches that were hurting him.

Killua was about to swipe at them until noticing how all the string was coming from one direction as if leading him to somewhere. Maybe that somewhere was Gon.

So picking himself up he waddled in the water and followed the red string out into the endless darkness. Yet the farther he followed the strings the deeper the water rose going up to his waist making shivers rack through his body. The water was freezing him to his core turning his fingertips and lip blue as he trudged on. This water was no normal water if it made his body that went through so much torture and resistances training shake like this Killua thought walking and rubbing his arms to try to provide a bit of heat to his body. His body was actually starting to slow down, turning numb as whispers entered his tired mind.

You're just a murder

you have blood on your hands

their blood is on your hands

just give up so you can repay for what you did

what you did to him

assassin, monster

you will never escape your family

killing is in your blood

it is all your fault

child of death, so sad

just let go and let us handle everything

so cold and sad

just submit and we will make it better

all these troubles are weighing you down

just rest

You could never save him

you're tired and weak

just let go and succumb to us

you can't save him

so give up and let go

what makes you think you can save him

so weak, so tired, just rest

just let go

take a break

it will make all your pains go away

you couldn't save him like time so why do you think you can save him now

just give in and let go

Killua felt his body go weak. It true. It is all true. He is weak. He let his friend fall so hard just because he was a coward. He never wanted this, but it is what he deserves. He could never have a good life or friends. He is a murder, he has blood on his hand. He could never save Gon because he did this to him. Maybe he should let go. He is tired of all this pain. He was tired of everything. Maybe if he rest and let go.....