Healing the Dead

Killua refused to sleep that night and instead decided to watch over Gon who he had to knock out so he could get some form of sleep. His eyes were not fully closed but were still slightly open which he decided to close so his friend could have some type of peace.

Regret filled Killua more and more as he took in just how much pain his friend had been through, and anger. He was furious at what they did to his friend as he remembered all the scars and red thread he saw on him and his mind. Then he remembered he did this to him too.

Yeah, Killua wanted an apology but back then would he even had accepted it with how he ignored Gon. He was such a coward. He should have talked to the boy, tried to fix things. Deep down he had already forgiven Gon but he just ignored it and clouded the thought with his own emotions.

Killua held Gon tighter to him.

The torture Gon had gone through was almost as bad, maybe even worse than anything Killua's family could ever do to. Yet Gon did not deserve it. He didn't of course if Killua remember when he entered the boy's mind and he cried about deserving this as repayment for hurting Killua.

Killua had no idea just how far Gon guilt had gone and it got worse. So much worse. Killua recalled when he first got a chance to talk to Gon, how the boy confessed to not being able to forgive himself.

He wants to tell the boy he had done enough and did not need to do anymore. That Killua was sorry for pushing Gon to go down this path and almost drown because of it.

It was Killua's turn to be Gon's light. They needed each other more than anything and starting now he was going to help his friend. His most precious friend was hurt like before but Killua was now wiser to know how to deal with it.

Killua turned to see the clock next to him said it was way past morning time. Was he thinking for that long? Even the smell of food hit him fully now.

Maybe he could try again to try to convince Gon to eat.

Regretfully Killua let Gon go from his hold, tucking the boy deeper in the blankets so he could be more comfortable before quietly walking out the room.

Killua could hear the sounds of everyone eating from the hall as he continued to walk to see everyone at the table eating breakfast. Even Lavender sat eating quietly next to Zusha who looked like he had been in a fight with his glasses on crooked and hair messy.

Killua walked into the room catching everyone's attention as they turned to him surprised. Though Bisky only smirked at the boy taking a sip of her tea.

"Took you long enough to wake up brat," she said teasingly while Alluka squeaked about Bisky being nice at the time Killua made an unrecognizable noise.

"It is okay Alluka. I need all the sleep I can get so I don't turn into an old hag like Bisky" Killua retorted making the woman stew a bit but she held back from doing anything damaging to him.

"Big brother that is mean"

"Good morning Killua" Kurapika calmly greeted the boy who walked up to make two plates of food. One for himself and one smaller one for Gon.

"how is Gon"

Killua froze a bit at the question but continued on like nothing happen giving a quiet.

"He is sleeping right now"

Kurapika nodded at the answer although he figured there was more. Still, he decided to leave it be.

"Hey, big brother me and Nanika want to make Gon a get-well card. Do you think he will like it" Alluka asked cheerily making Killua smile sadly?

His sisters are just so sweet. Maybe it might help Gon too. So Killua nodded at her with his smile still there.