4 : Broken Hearts

A shaky sigh left my lips as I hoped out of the car and walked ahead without realizing the extra long piece of my gown is carried by someone from behind.Once I realized how easy it became for me to walk without having to worry about the heavy dress.I abruptly halt my steps and looked behind to see it's Jungkook.

"Oh my.. you don't need to do this— I'm really sorry, I didn't realize it before" You said, embarrassed.He shook his head and passed you a genuine smile.

"Welcome Sir and Ma'am" Maids greeted you both, you asked one of the girl to help you and guide you to the room.One your way, you walked past by Taehyung's room and blinked away the tears.How shitty game fate has played, you remembered when Tae asked to change the interior of his room according to your liking but now this room doesn't even belongs to you and why would it be when the man you were connected to, doesn't belongs to you.

"Thank you" You said, the maid bowed and left.You entered the room and shut the door behind.Your throat went dry after seeing the decorations of the room.You opened your suitcase and grabbed your white tee and black shorts along with the towel to freshen up and change.

Jungkook entered the room and noticed your luggage in the corner.He went towards his closet and made space for your stuffs.After he was done, he removed the flower petals off the mattress and other decorations as well which were giving a romantic vibe.

He doesn't want to make everything awkward.You walked out of the bathroom and stared at him with wide eyes, he is way too nice.You couldn't help but feel guilty, knowing there's someone else in your heart.

Your phone dinged with a notification, Jungkook signalled you to check it.With ceased brows, you grabbed your phone and read the texts which is sent by him.

Jk - "I emptied the left side of the closet, you can use it.I've already told the maids to bring dinner in the room.

You must be tired, take rest and don't worry I'll sleep on the couch" 

"Thank you Jungkook but the bed is big enough for two people to sleep, we can share the same bed.. There's no need to trouble yourself bcs of me" - y/n

You facepalmed yourself after replying to his text.You can talk dumbo.. You scold yourself and placed the phone back on the table.

"It's completely fine" You reassured him, he sighed and placed his phone on the nightstand before making his way into the bathroom.

You started unpacking your luggage.While putting your clothes in the closet, your actions came to a halt after noticing those beautiful dresses which were gifted by Taehyung on many occasions.Your fingers slowly grazed over the fabric recalling the moments you both had.

"Tae… How do I look?" You asked after doing a small twirl to show him the dress.He smiled softly while leaning against the door. 'Beautiful' His honey-like voice and his intimidating gaze made you shift your eyes somewhere else.You nibbled on your lower lip as blood rushed to your cheeks at his complement.

"You shouldn't do that, at least not when I'm taking you out because this habit of yours turns me on way too much" He wrapped his arms around your waist and brushed his lips against yours.

"I didn't do it on purpose" You mumbled as your fingers travelled to fiddle with the Hem of his shirt.His breath fanned over your lips while his hand roam over your bare back, giving goosebumps all over your skin.

"And that's what drives me even more crazy" He breathed out before lifting your chin up and attaching his lips with yours.

The knock at your door made you jolt up.You wiped your tears and sucked in a sharp breath before dragging your feets to open the door thinking it is maid.But it wasn't her, before you could even say a word, your body was pulled towards him in a blink of an eye.

His grip around your arms tightens as you try to yank his hands off you."Why did you marry Jungkook?" Taehyung asked furiously, his voice laced with anger which made you clench your jaw in anger.

"The audacity you have" You muttered, making him even more mad.

"How could you marry him y/n?How?? Is it how much you loved me? You didn't think twice before marrying my own brother? Where did that love go? Huh? You said that there'll never be another man in your heart rather than me then how could you? Was it easy? Tell me damnit!" 

His voice was laced with anger but the pain didn't go unnoticed by you.His tearful eyes stared into yours with a lot of emotions but what about you? Why is it even affecting him? Isn't he the one to dump you on the wedding day?

"You tell me Taehyung, was it easy? Was it really that easy to throw away the r-relationship of five years?Where did all the promises go?" You asked with a shaky voice, tears rolled down your cheeks.Taehyung felt his heart pierced with countless needless, he shook his head and pulled you closer that your face were inches away from each other.

"Y-y/n..I" He tried to speak but the lump in his throat didn't let him.He bit his lips and tried to blink down the tears.

"Don't forget your boundaries Taehyung, I'm your brother's wife" You exclaimed and pushed him away.He stumbled back and looked at you with a pained expression.

You looked at him for the last time and shut the door at his face and choked out a sob.What is he trying to prove now? How could he even dare to ask me such questions after breaking my heart? Why is he torturing me like this? What did I do to deserve this? You asked yourself and cried your heart out.

The sound of the bathroom door opening made you wipe your tears quickly.You coughed to cover up and walked back to the closet to settle your stuff.

Jungkook quietly sat on the bed and looked at you, he heard you crying but he doesn't know how to even comfort you.He don't want to make you uncomfortable by hugging or even trying to hold your hand.He felt sad that he can't even say soothing words to bring a smile on your face.

His chain of thoughts were broken by the sound of knocking at the door.He went to open the door while you hoped that it's not Taehyung again.

"Sir, your dinner" You sighed in relief noticing it's the maids who brought dinner for you both.They left after setting the dishes on the table.You don't feel like eating but couldn't say no when Jungkook signalled you to join him.

Taehyung's Pov - 

I head to the rooftop and sat in the corner.The cold breeze touched my skin, making me shiver.

"Was it really that easy to throw away the r-relationship of five years?Where did all the promises go?"

Y/n's words from earlier rang repeatedly in my head making me feel even more guilty.The way her bloodshot eyes met mine, the way she pushed me away stabbed my heart which is equal to a million stabs.

I love her too much, I can't see her with someone else..I can't...It hurts my heart to the point where it feels like I'm losing my breath.I can't live without her by my side..How to tell you, love...how? The moment I saw her walking down the aisle, I wanted to run to her and pull her into my embrace.

Only I know how much my heart hurts seeing her exchanging vows with my brother when I dreamt of this day with her.Only I know how much it's killing me, her disappointed look, the hurt in those eyes makes me feel ten times worse.

Tears continuously rolled down my cheeks as I choked out a painful sob filled with agony.. I'm sorry y/n... I'm really sorry..I cried uncontrollably.My breathing turned heavy, it felt like someone is knocking the breath out of me but I couldn't stop my sobs which made it even harder to breathe properly.

Flashback -

"I'm sorry y/n.." I whispered with a heavy heart, my eyes brimmed with tears after reading her text.She wouldn't believe my text so easily.. Don't make it hard for me y/n..

"Natalie!" I growled after she snatched my phone away from me.

Shut up Tae, let me text her.." She muttered and started texting y/n..

"It's done, now stop these tears of yours" She exclaimed and rushed to the washroom..

Flashback ends