Chapter Twenty-Five

Kaniah's Point Of View

My head is killing me! It's like I have a nail being hammered into my head- quite literally.

I try blinking.. Opening my eyes. Then I hear a very girly gasp.

"Kaniah! Oh my god, Kaniah!!"

I go to try and sit up, but something holds me back. I blink slowly looking at the cords attached to my body. And some gadget attached to my Index finger.

I lazily remove the cords attached to me and sit up looking around the bright room seeing my family standing around my bed.

"G-guys?" I say in an extremely raspy voice.

"Honey, lay back down." Dad.

He tries pushing me lightly back down on the bed. I try to stay sitting up, but my muscles give out and I flop back down on the very uncomfortable bed.

I sigh and move my head to examine the room again.

"A hos-hospital? What am I-I doing h-here?" I question looking at my dad.

He gives out a heavy sigh, and I see his shoulders relax and his eyes soften. "Honey, you hurt yourself running, Ambrose brought you in and called me immediately."

At that I quickly shot up. "Ambrose!? Where is he? I-" A memory flashes across my eyes and I fall back on the hospital bed groaning and holding onto my head with both of my hands.

I feel someone get closer to me and rub my arms, "Honey-"

A soft knock at the door catches my attention and I slowly release my head from my shaking hands.

That black hair, and those eyes.

I felt myself back away from the person walking toward me. I gathered the thin fabric beneath me, bringing it to my face like a scared child.

I was scared. No, I was beyond that. I was.. petrified.

Ambrose.

It's all coming back now.. the attack. The dark scary alley. The person lying on the floor lifeless.

He did that. My Ambrose..

I felt tears gather in my eyes.

"No!" I screeched out, my voice still raspy.

Before anyone could say anything else, I said-

"W-water, please." I bowed my head, scared to see anyone's reaction to my previous one when Ambrose walked in.

I looked up slightly seeing my father nod, and walk to Ambrose, he whispered something then they both walked out.

I then felt a small body climb into the bed and squish her body on mine. And I layed back with a huff.

"I- can't breathe.." and the body was moved.

"Sorry, sissy." Aw..

"No, come back.."

My little sister is so cute. I honestly didn't realize it was her, considering my eyes were closed because I was trying to calm myself down.

I felt her small heated body come back and she laid back down on me. I could feel my muscles relax and my breath evening out.

"How are you doin'?" My younger sister asked.

I looked down at her, "Honest answer?"

She nodded her small head, her pony tail bobbing when she nodded.

"I-"

"Feel-"

"Like-"

"Having a tickle party-!"

As soon as those words left my mouth, I tickled her stomach. Tickling her most ticklish parts- including her feet. And she couldn't stop laughing.

She was laughing so hard I hardly registered the breathless, "Stop! Icantbreathee!"

"What was that?" I was smiling so hard, I thought my cheeks were going to fall off.

"S-stopp!!" She shouted and I slowly stopped ticking her.

I heard a faint girly chuckle and I looked to my left seeing my oldest sister.

"You treat her so well." She smiled.

I smirked a sassy smirk and said, "Better than youuuu!"

And she burst out laughing, just like how our younger sister was just laughing.

"Damn, I missed you so much." She stopped laughing and walked toward where I was laying and swatted my arm.

"Ow! You ass, what was that for?"

Her eyes widened giving me her signature look that says 'Are you shitting me?'

"For scaring us shitless, dummy!" She rolled her eyes and huffed, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Well.. sorry." I rolled my eyes and looked down, making a shrugging motion with my shoulders and extending my arms.

Another knock and we stopped talking. I looked towards the door, but before I could respond, a lady in scrubs walked through the door.

"Hi, Kaniah. I'm Doctor Lia, I was taking care of you, do you have a parent or guardian here with you?"

I nodded, and she checked something off her clipboard.

And before I knew what was happening,
my dad walks in with a couple cups of water in he and Ambrose's hands.

He sees the Doctor and sets the cups down, handing me one then, walking toward her to sign off on something I guess.

After that's done, she walks near me and starts taking off the cords that my dad put back in their spots because I took them off earlier when I was freaking out.

"So, Honey, you just had a light concussion. And, you're a fighter. Most people can't fight their concussion in less than twenty-four hours." She stated smiling slightly.

I smiled a big smile in spite of myself,  like a child about to get ice cream. I'm a superhero!

I hear everyone in the room laugh and I look around.

"A superhero, indeed." And someone kissed my forehead.

Did I say that out loud? And I felt my cheeks heat up.

I look up and see that black hair. I know a flash of anger flashes across my face because his eyes lose their color, turning almost like a shade of black.

I then felt my eyes soften, and his smile faded. I harshly whisper so only he can hear.

"You have some explaining to do." I say, giving him my best stink eye.

He just chuckled, patting my head and ruffling my hair, sighing.

"I know, little one. I know."

~

~

~

hii! i know, i know.. but hey! its a good chapter. sorry for the long wait, but also thank you for your patience. I love youuu! also, do you guys like kaniah's sister's?? their relationship is exactly like mine with my sisters. ciao! i'll make the next chapter a smut, okey? okey. :-B