Chapter Twenty Five

Lisanna Moore's P. O. V

I never expected even one part of my life to be something you'd see out of a soap opera. The one's where you see something coming from a mile away but you still fall for the same cliche traps at each and every turn.

When I slipt off to dreamland during the movie we were both watching, I was certainly not expecting to be woken up with a loud gasp followed by the clearing of a throat which my tired mind identified as a warning sign from the get-go.

I jerk awake with a quickness I didn't know I possessed and stare on through bleary eyes at the people gathered in front of me. The first person I recognise is an awkward looking Samantha as she glances from me to the knocked out Prince beside me. The person standing next to Samantha is someone I don't recognise at all.

Turning to my side, I practically fall off of the sofa when my eyes land on Thaddeus beside me. 'Beside' might be too much of a stretch I realise as my eyes wander over half of my body lying directly on top of his while his head lays on my shoulder. My gaze lingers but travels back to Samantha causing me to lurch away from my client only for Thaddeus to awake with a startled jump.

"Samantha. What are you doing here so late? Isn't there a storm out?" Thaddeus speaks up in a deeper than usual voice

Samantha raises an eyebrow in question, a hint of a smirk tugging at her lips as she deftly moves to the side, revealing the small stature of the woman hidden from Thaddeus' view. The man in question sits upright causing me to nearly fall of the sofa only to get caught by an awkward Thaddeus as he grabs ahold of my arm and lifts me back onto the couch.

"Ma, what are you doing here?"

Ma? As in mother?

I nearly choke on my saliva then and there as my head whips from Thaddeus to who I'm guessing is his mother.

The similarities are striking from the woman's dark eyes and coiled dark brown almost black hair which falls over the expanse of her shoulders similar to the mop of dark curls on her son's hair. Thaddeus looks like the carbon copy of her from the hair all the way down to the dark skin and sharp features. Of course, the man gets the light eyes from his father along with the tall burly physique but other than that, he has a striking resemblance to his mother.

"I wanted to see you after so long but I guess it's a bad time?" The woman trails off as her eyes dart to me and then back to her son, her unasked question ringing clear in the now silent room.

It doesn't take long for my brain to finally catch up with everything as I leap up, moving quite a few feet away from a still confused Thaddeus. Slowly the man follows my movements and instead goes up to his mother who smiles a pearly white smile and wraps her arms around him, pulling him into a deep hug.

"I thought you went home." Samantha ponders as Thaddeus and his mother step to the side, the both of us giving the family some alone time.

"I was about to go but the storm was at its peak so I stayed back until it was over." I glance over at the sky, expecting to see heavy thunder and pouring rain but there's only a slight drizzle accompanied by a chill in the air. "It's over so I really should be going now." I clear my throat and internally wince at how all of this is coming off.

This all looks anything but innocent even though neither of us had the intention of falling asleep on one another, at least I don't think either of us did.

Samantha catches my gaze and I can tell she's trying to hide her smirk although she's not trying very hard at all. Instead, she nods her head and steps to the side, allowing me to go past her. I grab my bag but pause momentarily, deciding it's best if I change into my clothes before leaving this room. I can already tell one wrong interpretation of what happened and my walk of shame look being the talk of the town if not the country.