Chapter Three

Lisanna Moore's P. O. V

Only sixteen minutes.

Sixteen minutes left till the clock strikes five and I'm free to leave this office and go back home. The first thing I'll be doing will be changing into my pyjamas consisting of my sweatpants and a baggy t shirt and just simply relaxing in front of the television to get rid of the stress that's been accumulating this passed week.

That sounds like the dream but instead of feeling relaxed at the thought of going home, my muscles are all bunched up and a feeling of unsettlement gathers in the pit of my stomach. The thought of going home being anything but relaxing and I'd rather wait the entire day out in my office.

Why? Some may ask. Well I was supposed to get the details on my client and my brand new project by lunch at one, however, I've heard not even a peep of what's to come and that's just causing my nerves to slowly fry. My boss hasn't said anything to me yet which means she hasn't heard anything from the higher ups and that's just digging a bigger hole for me to settle comfortably into my grave.

Mrs. Cunningham can't simply give me a client if her boss hasn't said anything about it. Hell, I have a feeling they're reconsidering the proposal and instead of giving me a second chance, they're throwing me to the wolves.

The paranoia starts to get too much for me and I can feel the tears gathering at my lash line which I furiously blink back. Pushing myself and my seat away from my desk, I come to my full height from the desk and push my brown hair over my shoulder, already feeling the urge to put it up since the messy strands are starting to make me feel suffocated. Turning around, I head towards the window and take a deep breath while placing my hands on my hips, trying to calm the raging thoughts in my head. Usually glancing down at the view of the streets and people going on with their lives calms me down but I don't feel that same sense of serenity now.

Deciding to focus on my breathing, I start to take deep breaths, putting more attention on my deep inhales and exhales that for a second, I don't notice the subtle knocking on my door. Only when it happens for the second time do I confirm my suspicions to which I call out with a shaky, 'come in.'

Glancing over my shoulder, I catch sight of Stella who pops her head through the door. The haughty smirk on her red painted lips falling off of her face as she lets herself into my office fully.

"Lis, are you okay?" The concern in her voice has me letting out a half hearted scoff. I really must look like I'm on the edge of sanity if even Stella is worried about me.

"Y-yeah."

Damn it. I can't even control my voice right now.

Stella doesn't appear to be convinced with my words as she frowns deeply, stepping closer to where I am but still maintaining her distance. The both of us gazing at each other perturbed but not saying anything. The air around us turns awkward rather than the bitterness that one can usually taste whenever we're both in the same room in a professional capacity.

"Cut the bullshit Lisanna. Take a deep breath and relax," Stella practically demands of me with a stern voice. I nod my head and follow her actions even though that's what I've been trying to do since the past few minutes. "I came here to tell you that Juliet asked for you. I'm pretty sure it's good news." She continues to inform me softly.

Just like that, the tightness around my chest slowly starts to dissipate but not completely, the stiffness still present since I'm not completely in the clear at the moment. With one final deep breath, I let out a low and nod to Stella in a form of thanks who rolls her eyes at me in return.

"Stop frowning so much. You already look like an old hag and we can't have you getting even more wrinkly." The woman says in a smooth voice while turning around, purposely showing me her back as if she doesn't intend to give me the time of day.