Chapter Twenty Nine

Lisanna Moore's P.O.V

"Miss. Excuse me. Miss-"

Startled, I lift my head from against the window and glance up at the chauffeur who had driven me all the way from the office to the large building looming to our side.

"I'm so sorry," I sat rather sheepishly, unaware of how long I had been blanked out.

The older man shakes his head in amusement, eyes kind and understanding. "Not to worry, Miss. I just wanted to let you know that we've reached. Shall I be expecting to drop you off once you're doing here?"

Staring away from him and up out the window again, I wearily look at the estate I've been avoiding for a few days now. No one prodded me for a good four days and even the weekend passed without any poking from the office or Samantha and her staff. Unfortunately, that didn't last for too long when Samantha sent me a rather stern email to get my backside to the estate before she comes and drags me there.

"Yes, please. I'm not sure how long I shall be so if you have anything to attend to, don't let me stop you. I'll send you a text once I'm surer though," The man nods in understanding, not bothered by the chance he's got to relax for a bit.

Gathering my nerves, I let myself out of the car and make my way up to the large steps that lead to the entrance. Once inside, I'm texting away, asking Samantha where to meet her.

'Small conference room at the end of the second floor. Straight down the corridor.'

I clutch the phone to my chest, almost as if the object will protect me from any brooding princes lurking about. As luck would have it, I make my way onto the second floor other than a few passing workers sending me smiles which I return.

It's not hard to miss the double oak doors parading at the end of the wall, standing tall. Hurrying towards it, my heels make an annoying clicking sound against the marble flooring, doors on each side of me flitting by till I reach the main ones.

Raising my hand, I knock twice to announce my presence before holding onto the thick brass doorknob as I step into the room. The second I enter, my hand latches onto the handle and I try to hurriedly retreat.

My face burns red with prior embarrassment and shame as I struggle to formulate words. My mind fails me as I stare into intimidating green eyes staring blankly right at me. Dark chocolate locks fall into the eyes nearly obscuring them from my view as the man I've been trying to avoid gazes at me. Decked out in a black suit, Thaddeus leans against the large glass table, his legs stretched out in front of him with his legs crossed at the ankles and arms tucked into his chest.

"I-I'm sorry. I must've gotten lost and come to the wrong room. I'll just go," I hate myself for sounding like a flustered mess as I turn away, tail tucked between my legs as I try to make a run for it.

"Stop."

Just those words alone have me freezing in place, almost as if the command has a direct effect on my body. Next in line to throne or not, I don't like the way my body is in betrayal to its own autonomy.

Glancing over my shoulder, one part of me hopes that I'll see a soft expression on Thaddeus' face, something that will tell me he'll hear me out and not properly believe my boss.

My mind is still in a cluttered mess from the whirlwind of a situation that occurred. It all feels like a fever dream but staring at the blank yet careful aura exuding from him, lets me know I'm most certainly not in the clear.

"Turn around," If we were on better terms, I would've questioned him about my identity. I didn't know I had sprouted two extra legs and a long tail, ready to bark in recognition of a command in hopes of some treat.