Chapter Twenty Seven

Lisanna Moore's P. O. V

I don't think I'll ever forget a sound like the one that struck a few moments ago. The sound of a heavy fist punching straight into cheekbones packed with flesh and muscle, the thud echoing through my ears as the person losses balance and topples backwards onto the floor.

It's as if time has come to a standstill with the way everyone freezes. No one can believe what's going on as we watch on, eyes fixated almost as if we're stuck in a trance, waiting for the hypnotist to snap his fingers and bring us back into reality.

Reality doesn't seem too good right now.

The King's spluttering is the breaking point which sets everything in motion. The eerie calm which settled around us moments ago not breaking as Thaddeus clenches the fist with which he laid his assault with just seconds prior.

I take a hesitant step forwards, not sure what my intentions are but following my numb legs blindly. Thaddeus' head snaps in my direction, his hand shooting out to stop me in my place, eyes softening for a brief second as he forces me to stay back.

"That was just a warning." Thaddeus directs towards the man currently trying to peel himself off of the floor, the threat or rather promise, clear in his voice. King Theodore lifts himself up, half of his face a dark smattering red with his lip busted open and blood dripping down his chin, his hair is windswept and almost like he had a fun little car ride. Unfortunately I don't think he had any fun with the way Thaddeus' fist made impact with his face.

The King doesn't look very Kingly at the minute, not one bit.

"I could have you arrested! Thrown into a jail for this. This is treason!" Theodore practically roars all while I get an odd sense of Deja vu. His son doesn't take the threat lightly, ignoring the jabbing finger that tries to prod through his clothing, getting all up in one another's face.

Either Thaddeus has no regard for our safety or the man has a lot more confidence than the public gives him confidence for. Trust me, I would know.

"You can try and have me arrested but it won't work out well for you. Be sure to remember that empty threats don't work on me," Thaddeus echoes as he towers over his father, looking down at him as if he's already the King and the man in front of him is dirt under his shoe. The usual roles reversed for once.

King Theodore opens and closes his mouth, trying to rebut Thaddeus' words but we know he can't do anything. Throw the next in line to the throne in jail? Have someone come and change the lineage entirely? Hell if worst comes to worst; abolish the Monarchy entirely?

"You are supposed to respect me. Worship the ground I walk on because if not for me you wouldn't even have been able to think of having an ounce of power that I possess! Yet you still think thay woman who gave birth to you holds more importance than I do. Your King and your father!" I can tell at this point Thaddeus is fighting with every cell in his body, caging himself in from beating a pulp out of the excuse for a King in front of him.

I don't think the man realises that if not for the people of this country, he wouldn't be as important as he makes himself out to be.

"You have never been my father and very soon you won't be my King. Not if I can help it." Thaddeus doesn't give his father a chance to reply as he turns on his heel, eyes raising to meet mine. I catch his gaze head on, nodding subtly before turning to his father, my question unspoken but the King knows what I'm asking.

The scowl on King Theodore's face deepens but he doesn't bother to even look my way, shooing me away with a flick of his hand, dismissing me. Taking in a deep breath, I quickly turn around and follow after Thaddeus, glad this trip won't end with either of us sitting in the back of a police car with handcuffs on.