Chapter Fourteen

Lisanna Moore's P. O. V

This time I don't stop myself from appraising the good looking man. All prior tries were blocked by the pride filled side of me, turning up my nose when it comes to painting the man in any sort of a positive light, especially when it comes to the dismissive manner with which I was awarded.

I'm either too narcissistic for my own good or I'm too forgiving when it comes to people since I've already let Thaddeus Sinclair slide into my good books, just by a few words however, not too much. I'm sure it's that this man is too good looking for his own damn good, and mine too when it comes down to the fact that I haven't been able to tear my eyes away from him since our last conversation.

We're currently walking the side of the castle, passing through the many smaller gardens which then open up into the main lawn at the front of the daunting castle where the car dropped us off at.

Too busy staring at the way the sunlight hits Thaddeus' dark hair and creating a different colour in the light, watching the way his eyes turn a lighter shade of green and completely by passing the fact that the car which we came in is running and waiting for us to get into.

"Ms. Moore. Do you mind getting into the car now?" I clear my throat at Thaddeus' voice interrupting my gawking, pretending like I wasn't outright staring at the Prince. Luckily, I don't think he noticed and if he did, doesn't seem to think it too out of the ordinary and enough to mock me on it.

"Of course not Mr. Sinclair." I don't miss the narrowing of his light eyes and the bemused scowl now slowly slipping onto his face while I have to hold back my own smile. I don't know if he expects me to call him by his first name all the time because that isn't something I can simply do, unless I want to get into deep trouble.

"Just get in the damn car." He grumbles while motioning for me to get in first. I follow his demands and quickly scurry towards the vehicle where the chauffeur now stands to attention with his hand on the cars door handle, opening it up as soon as I reach it. I dip my head low and mutter a soft thank you before slipping into the car. Thaddeus joins me not moments later and tells the driver to get going. As we pass by the vast expanse of the lawn with the large building slowly making its way passed us, I can't stop myself from blanching at the little disagreement between the actual living King and the man sitting close besides me.

I don't think I'm ever going to get passed the idea that I watched the King enter into an absolute meltdown while the Queen wasn't left off much better herself.

"I don't think I need to point out the obvious but just in case it hasn't gotten stuck into your head; you won't be mentioning any of the events that have occurred today, to any one." The tone in his voice is matter of fact while I glance at him skeptically from the corner of my eyes, his eyes already trained on me and waiting for me to reply in the affirmative.

"Well, I won't mention what exactly happened but I do think I need to mention to my boss that I took a trip with you to visit the King and Queen and that Rose couldn't accompany me for certain reasons." I say slowly, letting it linger that I can't just keep my mouth shut otherwise Mrs. Cunningham won't be too pleased about it, probably even finding my lack of information suspicious.

Thaddeus doesn't say much, merely gazing at me intently for a while before signing aloud as he finally nods his head, "Okay. You can tell her you accompanied me and I'll even have someone put her up to date so she knows you're not lying or anything but one word about what went down in there and I will not be pleased." He says seriously to which I nod in understanding.

"Understood, loud and clear. I'll only tell her what we've agreed upon." Which is essentially nothing, I add in mentally but don't pursue the fact, glad that at least Thaddeus will also inform her of his own plans which he loops me into otherwise it'd only be his word against mine.