Chapter Five

Lisanna Moore's P. O. V

Shimmering lights from glistening chandeliers hit the white marble flooring causing sparkles to erupt all around us like precious stones glinting in a jewellery shop. Tall podiums crafted out of porcelain line the edges of the hallway, each one sporting various antique items from baby cherub covered vases to regal looking busts, each face sterner and sharper than the next.

I make sure to stay away from everything that looks like it'll cost me my very organs to repay if I end up breaking something abs considering the fact that I've known to trip over nothing but thin air, I don't think it's unlikely for me to assume that the chances of such an occurrence are anything but slim. Hence, I situate myself right in the middle of the hallway, focusing on the straight backed man in front of me as he strides ahead with thinly pursed lips and I can picture his sour expression even when I've only known him for a few minutes. Rose and I share nervous glances once more, not sure what to expect but not daring to say anything in case the tight lipped man snaps at us.

The only sound being our steady breathing and the clicking of our heels echoing around the open spaced and non carpeted hall. An assortment of doors pass us continuously and I hardly bother to remember how many rooms we've passed or what turns we've taken since I already know I'll forget them within the next second and end up lost.

"Excuse me, Mr. Thomas. May I ask why there are so many items that look to be on display?" Rose speaks up to which I send her a raised brow, my way of showing her she has guts to ask the stoic man a question, even if it is a simple one but one that I've been thinking about myself since I first caught sight of the ornaments.

A sigh leaves the man in front of us, mingled between despondent and utterly bored, straight shoulders slightly hunching as he points towards both sides of the hall with a flourish of his hands. The ornaments now looking even more expensive than what they were before, even though I'm not quite sure how that's managed to happen, with some even being encased in locked glass that I'm sure has an alarm attached to it, ready to ring loudly and alert everyone to the thief in the area.

I can already imaging me accidentally touching the damned glass and having handcuffs around my wrists before I can possibly blink in the next second, ready to be carted off to jail.

I might sound dramatic to a lot of people if they could see the thoughts running through my mind right now, but trust me, my luck has been anything but good since the passed few months.

Maybe this is the break in the curse that I need? I'm waiting for the sun to shine down on me and cast away all my worries. Yeah, I'm more likely to meet Prince Charming to sweep me off my feet before anything of that sort happens.

"You see Ms. Rose," Mr Thomas begins to answer Rose's question although even now his tone sounds like he'd rather stab needles through his eyes rather than answer such a frivolous question, "This estate was previously open to the public, hence, all the different antique items that we have on display here. However, now that Mr. Sinclair is taking up residence here, the estate will obviously be closing up from the public eye and instead, we're removing most of these items to a safer place where there's no risk of such expensive items breaking or being exposed to every day wear and tear."

"Wise decision," I murmur under my breath, wanting these miscellaneous objects as far away from me as possible. I'm not even going to try and breathe in their direction.

Just nope.

It feels to me like we've been walking for a good five minutes although I know it's not the case but I still manage to muster up the courage to ask Mr. Thomas when exactly we're going to reach wherever he's taking us. Luckily for me, just as I'm about to open my mouth, we come to a halt after taking a few right turns and enter into an open area that looks like a cross of a hall yet also a wide expanse consisting of a living room.