Chapter Ten

Lisanna Moore's P. O. V

Today is most definitely not my day.

It's like I've been doomed from the get go and I can already tell that I'll be facing an annoying amount of obstacles before the day ends, if it ends at all, on a good note. The first sign was when I woke up more bleary eyed than usual, my eyes stinging obscenely from the fact that I didn't get nearly enough amount of sleep since I was too busy fretting and over thinking the entire night. On top of that, when I decided to take a nice warm shower to help freshen me up, I was blasted with freezing cold water and ended up in the realisation that I won't be able to have that hot shower I was practically begging for. The cold shower made me hop in and out as soon as possible which also resulted in my slipping over and knocking my angle against the cabinet where an angry bruise now forms which leads me to hobble along and wince in pain every time I accidentally touch the sore area.

My breakfast was also cut short with no coffee since my coffee machine decided to play up on this very cursed day and made strange sounds every time I tried to flip the switch on. Lastly I nearly ended up running late due to a diversion on the road that made me take roundabout ways that I never knew even existed which made me get lost quite a few times.

Luckily though, I managed to reach the estate in one piece only to realise I had left my security pass behind which everyone firmly stated would be the only way I'd be able to set foot on the premises. The rough and intimidating guards standing right in front of my car didn't help either and that's how I found myself calling Samantha in a last minute desperation for them to let me in which thankfully works. Of course I ask Samantha to keep this under wraps since I'm sure Mr. Sinclair would find this all too amusing and use it as a sword to hang over my head.

"I owe you one." I say gratefully to Samantha as we make our way down the now familiar corridor. I can already tell we're just about to reach Mr. Sinclair's office which has me taking in a deep breath to prepare me for whatever he's about to unleash on little unsuspecting Lisanna.

"Don't worry about it. It happens to the best of us, I assure you." She says in a kind tone while knocking on the door. Any assurance that Samantha tries to build up goes flying out the window once I step into the office only for Samantha to stab me in the back, not literally, by saying she has some other work to do.

Guess I'll have to face the beast head on in his own lair.

"Good morning Mr. Sinclair." I greet rather awkwardly, one part still confused on whether I should drop into an even awkwarder curtesy or just lower my head into a weird greeting. I opt for the latter and don't miss the way Mr. Sinclair sends me a weirded out look which has me timidly looking away while he gets out of his seat behind his desk.

"Don't make yourself too comfortable." The man says as soon as I make a move to sit on the chair in front of his desk, my confused expression has the man rolling his eyes while he stands up, tightening the tie around his neck. Don't people usually say it the opposite way around?

"May I ask what we'll be doing today? I still haven't told my office what I'm doing except for letting them know I'll be spending the day with you." I say somewhat timidly, his previous words of keeping things under wraps from both Rose and my superiors alike making me cautious in case I've done something he didn't want me doing in the first place.

"I'll let you know in the car. I've already called Katelyn or Catherine or whatever the hell her name is that you'll be working with me for today." His words have me freezing in place, phone nearly dropping out of my hands at the sudden curtesy he's bestowed open me. It obviously comes as a shock to me that he'd go out of his way to let my department know I won't be able to come in for the day especially since he made it seem like he'll be throwing me to the dogs any chance he'll get.