11.2 - Living

On the ride home, Victoria quietly sat in the backseat. Lily was glad Brady remembered as he turned off Route One towards Victoria's street. After their friend climbed out, Brady waited until she was inside before backing out of her driveway.

Lily broke the silence. "That was fun."

Brady said, "I like him, but I can't compete with a guy like him."

"Compete? You don't need to compete."

There was a big difference between admiring and wanting. She may think Matthew was gorgeous, but she didn't want him, just like Danny from work. Lily may have doubts about Brady, but she would never cheat on him.

Brady sighed. "I wish it was two years from now, so we could start living."

"Start living! It sounds like we're dead."

"You know. Plan our future."

Lily felt a knot in her belly. She wasn't confident about what her future should be. Her present was to climb into bed with Brady. Sweet, sweet Brady, who kissed her and said goodnight.

One day, Lily overheard her mother talking to her friend Patricia. It was gross, but she couldn't walk away. She told Patricia they slept without clothes. Growing up, her parents wore pajamas. How could her old parents have a better sex life than her? Pat's husband was even older, and she said, "Jim doesn't need anymore encouragement."

"Brady?"

"Huh?" He sounded like he was already asleep.

"Am I not sexy?"

"Where did this come from? You're my sexy tiger." He pulled her closer.

"But you don't like to have sex with me."

"What drug are you on? I always want to have sex with you."

"But you don't."

"Lil, I'm a gentleman. We did it this morning so..."

"Maybe I don't want a gentleman."

"Then tell me. You can initiate too."

Was part of her amazing love story dream that her prince charming would always seduce her? Brady kissed her neck as his hand found her breast. He wanted her.