23 - Fairytale

Lily hoped for a busy Saturday night, because the list of people she didn't want to think about was long. Why was everyone on Brady's side?

Even her mother didn't have sympathy for her. "Lily, you must have had your reasons. I just hope you don't have regret."

Regret. She had lots of regret about choosing every friend she had. When she needed Lilli most, her best friend was too busy with bosszilla. Because of some big project, Lilli didn't know when she would be home again.

Even her own brother called to say she was crazy. According to Robbie, Brady was the best guy around. "He's the only guy I trust with my little sister. The poor guy, you broke his heart."

Victoria was the worst. While Lily tried to get used to life without a boyfriend for the first time in three years, her friend ignored her.

Thankfully, she had a needy patient, and one of the things she needed was an epidural. Danny appeared with a gorgeous smile and bedside manner. Lily purposely brushed past him as he walked towards their patient. There was nothing soft about him.

She took her break without Victoria. When she looked at her phone, she had five texts from Brady. Sighing, she read them.

I love u Tigr.

Plesse Lil.

I promide not to be borinf.

Taje me bsck

We csn suck togethet.

Brady never had more than one drink. His father drank and yelled, so he didn't want to be anything like his father. She had caused him to drink. Guilt crept in. She wanted her night to end.

In the morning, she went to the cottage, because her parents didn't have company. Her father came out of his bedroom while she was eating a bagel.

"Hi flower. Good night?"

She nodded. "Busy."

"We had a visitor yesterday. Poor guy is really broken up."

"Did you give him a drink?"

He shook his head. "He didn't stay long."

She sighed. "He drunk texted me."

"I hope he wasn't driving. I'd hate it if he got hurt or worse."

Lily looked away. She didn't want to worry about him. Plus, he was too smart to be reckless. Would it be her fault? Her friends would blame her.

"I think I'll check to see if he's okay." Lilli picked up her phone. He hadn't blocked her from finding his phone.

"Unless he drowned, he's at or most likely above Evan's."

Matthew was one more friend on Brady's side. All she wanted was her shower and bed.

"Hey flower. You're on your own for dinner. Mom and I are going out."

"Night, Daddy."

He disappeared into his room, probably to report back to her mother.

When she woke, the cottage was empty. So she went for a walk on the beach and looped around Shore Road. It wasn't because she wanted to pass the fish market. She didn't expect Brady to still be there, but she looked for his car when she walked by Evan's.

Lilli was in the mood for a turkey club, so she stopped by The Landing instead of eating alone. Phoebe was behind the counter with another girl. Rick liked to take Sunday nights off for family. He and Alice were probably with their grandkids.

Two college girls behind the counter reminded her of the two Lilies. Phoebe took over for her older sister, Lilli. The Caron sisters were four years apart. There were two years between Lily and Robbie. Lilli chatted with Phoebe while she ordered.