six

"Whatever, Jen. Obviously you don't understand how great this book is." Lisa says as she flips to the page she was last at in her book, To Kill A Mockingbird. "I've read it before and all so it's not like it's new to me, but honestly, it's so much better than all of that Nicholas Sparks romance stuff. Especially better than all of those stupid movies that came out of it. Aside from maybe The Notebook, because Ryan Gosling is nice as hell to look at."

Jennie rolls her eyes and beams when Jisoo walks into the room with Chaeyoung following at her heels. "Jisoo, Chae, back me up here - movies are better than books, right?"

"Definitely." Jisoo sits down between Jennie and Somi, leaving the space next to Lisa for Chaeyoung. Lisa can't help but think that her choice in seat was intentional. "Reading takes too much time. Movies take like two hours, tops."

Chaeyoung sits down and looks up, tapping her fingers on the desk. "I think that books are better. I like reading."

Lisa beams. "Thank you for backing me up, Rosie. You're right. Books are way better than movies. You get so much more detail."

"Yes." Chaeyoung nods to herself and rubs her hand along her thigh quickly. "I think you are right. Movies are good too though because you get to see everything properly. Imagining things I don't know is hard sometimes."

Lisa catches Jisoo and Jennie sharing a look and frowns. She doesn't know what they're smirking at - it's not like anything has happened - but she shrugs it off and turns back to her book.

"So, Chaengah," Jisoo leans across the table with a grin on her face, "have you thought about going to homecoming?"

"I... uh," Chaeyoung looks over to Lisa for a split second and shrugs. "I don't know. It's loud there. I don't like it when it's loud because it gives me a headache and I can't concentrate."

"We're all going together if you want to come with, Chae." Somi sends her an understanding smile. "Even Lisa might be coming. Right?"

Lisa looks up in surprise. "I am? I mean, I wasn't really planning on going, but if we're doing a group thing then I guess I can come for a little while."

"You're going to come to homecoming?" Chaeyoung frowns at her. "Because I have to ask my parents if I can go."

Lisa laughs. "I thought you weren't coming? You just said you don't like loud places, and a dance is quite loud."

"I... um, I want to go now." Chaeyoung murmurs, her face turning a bright red colour. Lisa catches Jisoo and Jennie exchange another look, but doesn't question it. "I want to be with my friends because I love them."

"Alright then, Rosie," Jennie smiles at her, "we might end up ditching the whole group thing if we get dates, so we'll let you know if you're still not sure about coming."

Chaeyoung shakes her head. "I am definitely coming. I need to ask my parents though because sometimes they worry. Also I can't miss family night because it's important and it's part of my routine."

"You should ask your dad," Jisoo tells her, "Papa Mason is generally pretty chill about stuff. Your mom tends to worry."

"Yes. I will ask my dad." Chaeyoung nods to herself and rubs her hand along her leg. "I am glad we're going to the dance as a group."

Lisa smiles. "Me too. You know, until Jennie, Somi and Jisoo ditch us when they inevitably get dates."

"Hey, how do we know you won't get a date and ditch us too?" Jisoo folds her arms across her chest. "Have you seen the way the guys here have been looking at you since you showed up?"