seventy three

"Can we go for a walk?"

Chaeyoung glances up from her book, frowning over at her girlfriend. "It's midnight."

"I know," Lisa answers, "we should go on an adventure. Even if it's just down the road."

"Um... okay," Chaeyoung shrugs and marks her place in her book, "I will not get dressed, though. I'm comfortable in my Simba onesie, and I doubt there will be anyone around."

Lisa laughs. "Even if there is, it'll be funny to see their reactions. Come on, Rosie."

Chaeyoung stands up, and watches as Lisa grabs one of her sweaters out of a drawer. Chaeyoung frowns, because she hadn't said Lisa could borrow a sweater, but she's okay with it, because Lisa smells nice, so her sweater won't smell a bad different afterwards, and she wants her girlfriend to be warm.

"Wow," Lisa laughs as she pulls on the oversized sweater, and glances at herself in the mirror, "this sweater is so big that I'm not even wearing it. It is wearing me."

Chaeyoung frowns, but she can't check the label for the size, because she always cuts it out. "It's probably only a large or a medium. Lots of the time I get a large though, because in some stores, I'm a medium, and in others I'm a small, and I always get a size up so they're comfy and I can flap with the sleeves."

Lisa snorts as she looks at herself in the mirror. "I'm usually an extra small if it's unisex. Which I'm assuming this is."

"Yes, I always buy unisex products, or I shop in the men's section, because sometimes clothes in the women's are weirdly sized, and I don't like the way they fit me." Chaeyoung explains, pulling up the hood on her Simba onesie. "I personally don't think clothing has a gender, though. It's just clothing."

"You're right," Lisa smiles, "it is. I mean, sometimes I want to dress like a princess and all that cheesy stuff, but most of the time I want to steal your sweaters, because they smell like you. It's like I'm getting a constant Rosie lion hug."

Chaeyoung frowns at her. "If you want a hug, just ask for one."

"I ask for hugs when I want them," Lisa says, "it's just like, wearing your clothes is a perpetual hug from you. Like you're hugging me and not letting go. If you actually did that, it'd be kind of impractical."

"It would?" Chaeyoung frowns, and Lisa nods in reply. "Oh. Yes, you're probably right. Anyway, where would you like to walk? I think it'd be nice to go to the beach."

"We can't walk to the beach at this time." Lisa points out, "It'd take us a decade to get there, because I'd probably want to stop for snacks every ten minutes."

"Well, we can drive!" Chaeyoung suggests, "We can drive to the beach and then park there, because all of the good parking spots will be available, and then we can go on a nice walk on the beach."

Lisa laughs as Chaeyoung tugs her downstairs and puts her shoes on, and when her girlfriend stands up, she can't help but smile. Chaeyoung's wearing scuffed pair of Converse and dressed in nothing but a Simba onesie, and Lisa can't think of a time she's ever seen anything cuter.

"Okay, Simba," Lisa teases her, "a walk on the beach is fine by me."

"My name isn't Simba," Chaeyoung answers with a frown, "It's Chaeyoung. You know that."

"I know," Lisa laughs, "but you're dressed like Simba. That onesie is so realistic that it's hard for me to differentiate."

"Oh," Chaeyoung answers, tapping on her leg as Lisa ushers her into the car, "well, it's still me, Chaeyoung."

Lisa smiles fondly, glad that she has the literal cutest girlfriend in the world. "That's good to know, babe."

"Do you think the ice cream parlour is still open?" Chaeyoung asks, "I always forget to check opening hours."