thirty six

"Hey, Rosie," Jennie nudges her, and Chaeyoung tears her gaze away from The Lion King and focuses on her best friend's necklace. "Is it cool if Jisoo and Lisa come over and hang out with us? Jisoo just texted and told me that she's with Lisa and they're both pretty bored."

"Yes, I would like to see Lili, she is my girlfriend." Chaeyoung announces, turning back to the TV and snuggling closer to Jennie. "That way I can cuddle Lili and you- um, you could cuddle Jisoo. If you wanted."

Jennie laughs. "Yeah, I don't think Jisoo and I will be cuddle buddies any time soon, Chae."

Chaeyoung frowns, because she wants Jennie to cuddle Jisoo, because she wants them both to be happy together. But she's not allowed to tell Jennie that Jisoo likes her, so she has to be subtle. "Why not? Cuddling is nice, and I'll be cuddling Lili when she gets here. It's nice to have a cuddle buddy."

Jennie shrugs. "I don't think she'd be into that. I'm going to text Somi and see if she's free too, but I think she mentioned she was going out with her family today. Something about going to her grandma's for dinner."

"I used to go to my grandma's for dinner all the time." Chaeyoung smiles to herself. "I bet Somi will have lots of fun if she's busy doing that. If she's not, then she'll have lots of fun with us."

Jennie hums in reply, and asks her something completely off topic. "How have things been going with you and Lisa? You haven't spoken to me much about her lately."

"Oh, things are wonderful." Chaeyoung beams when she thinks about how Lisa had booked Disneyworld. "She's taking me to Disney and we're going to go on all of my favourite rides and see the Lion King show that they have there."

"Are you sure she's doing that?" Jennie asks her. "Disneyworld is really expensive. Are you sure she didn't just mention the idea to you?"

"No, she said she's booked it, and- uh, we have a meal plan too. And we're staying in the Animal Kingdom, which is my favourite park." Chaeyoung tells her, turning around and sending her an enthusiastic smile. "You can ask her when she gets here, but we are definitely going for a week. July 4th to July 11th."

"Oh, seriously?" Jennie sends her a surprised look. "How'd she get the money for that?"

"She was saving up for a new guitar, but I bought her one on her birthday, so she doesn't need to save up for that anymore." Chaeyoung says. "And I think her mom helped her pay for it too. I am taking some money with me so I can pay for some things for her, though. I want to buy her a Stitch toy, because she really loves Lilo and Stitch. She is going to buy me another Lion King plushie, too."

"I'm glad things are going well for you, Rosie," Jennie squeezes her around the waist and Chaeyoung nuzzles her face into her best friend's neck. "I know how much she means to you. You don't know how happy I am that you've found someone."

"Yes, Lili is my someone." Chaeyoung smiles to herself. "She loves me and she will always love me, she promised forever. I am happy I have her, because she's one of my soulmates and I love her lots. I was always- I used to be really worried that I would never get to fall in love. But I have now, and I am very happy. I have her and I am happy."

"That's good to hear, Rosie. Honestly." Jennie smiles at her. "I know that I was a little wary of her at first, but I do think she's good for you now. I've seen how much better you've been since you met her. You were always so quiet around new people but now you'll strike up conversation with the cashier at the grocery store just because."

"Yes, because I can," Chaeyoung says. "I am- um, I can talk to people. If I want. Because I'm just as good as anyone else, and if I do something they don't think is normal and they don't like me for it, it just means that they're closed minded. Not that there's something wrong with me."