seventy nine

"Chae, I'm taking you to see The Lion King when it comes out." Jisoo announces, staring down at her phone with wide eyes.

Chaeyoung tries her best to get the suitcase in the trunk of the car, but Lisa had clearly packed a lot. But she's not about to let her girlfriend carry heavy suitcases, because she knows that's not chivalrous, and Chaeyoung promised she'd treat Lisa right.

She's a little annoyed that Jisoo isn't helping, either.

"Jennie is taking me to see that, she promised after she found out that Disney were making a new one." Chaeyoung says. "You are welcome to join if you'd like-"

"Obviously Jennie wants to go with you. Beyoncé is playing Nala." Jisoo says, still staring at her phone. "I'm so taking you. If anyone asks, I'm doing my friend a favour by seeing her favourite movie with her."

Chaeyoung frowns. "There is nothing wrong with wanting to see The Lion King. It's a cinematic masterpiece for many reasons. For example-"

"Ceasefire on the rant, Chae." Jisoo interrupts. "I've heard your reasons a thousand times."

"Well, I am happy with the casting." Chaeyoung rocks on her heels, and reaches into the passenger seat of the car, picking up her stuffed Nala. "Beyoncé is my best friend."

"Actually, you'll find that she's my best friend. Your best friend is an inanimate object." Jisoo teases her. "Do you think if I tweeted her and told her how much my autistic best friend loves Nala, she'd come and meet me for free?"

"I doubt it." Chaeyoung replies, and Jisoo deflates. "She probably doesn't even run her own Twitter. But you could try, I think it would be interesting to meet the voice of Nala. But I'm not taking you, I'm taking Lili."

Lisa appears through the door, carrying another bag. "Taking me where?"

"To meet Beyoncé. Apparently she's voicing Nala in the new Lion King movie." Chaeyoung rocks on her heels. "Jisoo found out and wants to use me to meet Beyoncé."

Lisa shakes her head. "If anyone is going to use my girlfriend, it's me."

Chaeyoung frowns, and juts her bottom lip out in a pout when she realises what Lisa had said. "You're going to use me? How? Because I am not an object-"

"I was joking, baby," Lisa assures her, kissing Chaeyoung's cheek. "Besides, I wanted to take you to see the new Lion King. I wanted it to be like a date. We could go to the midnight premiere if there is one."

Chaeyoung's jaw drops, and she practically pounces on Lisa in a hug. "I love you! That would be the best date ever. I- um, our date to- to the Broadway show will also be perfect, because it will be our two year anniversary, and we'll get to- um, to watch my favourite thing."

"You two are gross," Jisoo rolls her eyes, "get a room."

Chaeyoung ignores her. "ChiChi, if you want to take me to see The Lion King, and Lili does too, and Jennie as well, then you can all take me at different times! Somi can take me another time as well, because I already know I want to see it more than once."

Lisa beams and squeezes Chaeyoung's hand as Jisoo mutters something that sounds a lot like you're paying for the tickets, Chaeng. "You're the cutest. Are Hank and Leo ready for their first plane ride?"

"Yes, my sons are ready." Chaeyoung nods, and Jisoo snorts at the word sons. "I am also ready. I quite enjoy plane rides, because you can stare out at the fluffy clouds. When I was little I thought it was another world, and my mami had to explain they were just clouds."

Lisa laughs. "I actually used to think that too."

"You two are boring." Jisoo rolls her eyes. "I'm going to call Jennie and see if she's done with her dance class yet."