fifty

"Happy autistic pride day!"

Chaeyoung smiles when she feels arms wrap around her waist, and she's incredibly happy, because Irene never used to hug her, but now she always gets a hug when they meet up.

"Yes," Chaeyoung nods and rocks on her heels as Irene pulls back, giving her a fist bump as usual, "happy autistic pride day, Irene. Is Seulgi with you?"

"She's bringing a cake in." Irene tells her. "Is Lisa here?"

"She's in the lounge watching TV with Somi." Chaeyoung says, pointing towards the door. "You can go through and say hi to them, I'll help Seulgi."

"Alright then." Irene hugs her again and snuggles her face into Chaeyoung's neck. "I missed you, Chaengie. I haven't seen you for ages."

"You saw me at art class," Chaeyoung points out, tapping out a pattern on Irene's back. "On Wednesday."

"Yes, but I haven't hung out with you for ages." Irene retorts, smiling when Seulgi walks in carrying a cake in her hands. "We made the cake ourselves. It's vanilla how you like it."

"Thank you!" Chaeyoung smiles and takes the cake from Seulgi. "I'll put it in the kitchen for us to have later."

As Irene and Seulgi make their way into the lounge, Chaeyoung drops the cake off in the kitchen, and she's about to follow them in when there's another knock on the front door and she opens it to see Jisoo and Jennie.

"Hey, Loser," Jisoo greets her with a grin, "happy autism pride day. We didn't get you a present."

"Our attendance is present enough," Jennie adds with a teasing smile, pulling her in for a hug. "How are you?"

"I'm really good," Chaeyoung rocks on her heels, "today is a good day, I think. Thank you for coming to mine and Irene's pride day."

"Anything for our bestie," Jennie says as she pulls away, "right, babe?"

Jisoo turns bright red at the nickname and Chaeyoung has to hold back her laugh. "Yeah. Anything for you, Chaengie."

Chaeyoung leads them into the lounge and announces, "Jensoo is here!" before crossing over to the couch Lisa and Somi are sat on, squishing in between them so she can sit by her girlfriend. "So- um... Irene? Do you want to say anything? About Asperger's, I mean."

Irene clears her throat, and Chaeyoung kind of tunes out a bit, because Lisa has pulled her onto her lap and started giving her tummy rubs, and that always distracts her. Chaeyoung's head is buried in Lisa's chest, and she's listening to her girlfriend's heartbeat as Lisa's fingers, calloused from guitar playing, trace patterns along her stomach.

"Hey, Chaelisa," Jisoo gets Chaeyoung's attention, "you're going to like this. Jennie and I are officially together."

Chaeyoung looks up with a frown. "I thought that happened ages ago."

"No, Chae," Jennie laughs, "we've been going out on dates for a while, but after our date last night, Jisoo officially asked me to be her girlfriend."

"Oh," Chaeyoung's eyes widen in realisation. "Okay then. I'm happy for you guys."

"Our plan worked, Rosie," Lisa grins, "we were successful captains. Somi, you're next."

"Y'all don't need to help me," Somi says, "I'm fine being single. But I'm happy for you guys."

Chaeyoung nudges Lisa in the side. "You stopped rubbing my belly."

"Oh, sorry," Lisa resumes again and Chaeyoung smiles to herself, kissing her girlfriend's cheek. "Didn't realise that belly rubs were so demanding."