sixty four

"C-Camp!" Chaeyoung looks up in surprise when she hears the familiar voice, and taps her fingers against her pants when Jules, seemingly unaccompanied, comes to a stop a few feet in from of her. "Hi!"

"Hello," Chaeyoung answers, looking around for one of Lisa's parents, or Lisa herself. "Are you here alone? Because you're only little, you shouldn't be allowed to the grocery store all by yourself."

"No, P-PpeuPpeu saw you and- and told me I-I could c-come say hi," Jules explains, holding out her hand. Chaeyoung takes it, a little confused as to why Lisa didn't come over too. "She went to g-get s-something else but she s-said she'd be right back."

"Oh, okay," Chaeyoung hums in thought. "Happy Easter, by the way."

"Will you p-pick me up?" Jules asks, holding her arms out. Chaeyoung nods, and leans down to let Jules clamber onto her back. "Happy E-Easter, Camp. W-what are you doing?"

"Nothing. My family doesn't do anything for Easter except my parents give me and my siblings an Easter egg each. My younger siblings get one from my aunt and uncle on my dad's side, who we never see, and one from my grandpa." Chaeyoung explains. "I used to get more than one too, but I'm eighteen now, so my other family members don't get me an Easter egg anymore, which is okay, because I don't really like chocolate and I always gave my other ones to my siblings, because they never got me Reese's, and that's the only chocolate I really like."

Jules looks a little surprised by the long-winded explanation. "Oh. We're g-going on an Easter egg hunt. P-PpeuPpeu always helps me look."

"That sounds nice," Chaeyoung replies, turning back to the candy she was looking at. She'd come to the grocery store to pick up milk, a loaf of bread, eggs and some bacon for her dad, and she'd realised that she had some money left over. She thinks she wants some marshmallows, but she hasn't decided yet. "I hope you find lots of chocolate."

"We will!" Jules exclaims, beaming. "I-I'll save you s-some."

"I don't like chocolate that much," Chaeyoung dismisses her. "But thank you for offering. You are very polite. I was like that as a kid too. I bet Lili wasn't, though."

"Hey, I resent that, Park Chaeyoung," Apparently, Lisa had chosen that moment to sneak up on them. "I was the nicest little kid you'd ever meet."

"That's probably a lie, I think." Chaeyoung helps Jules down and turns to her girlfriend with a smile. "Anyway, have fun on your Easter egg hunt. I am going to buy some candy now."

Lisa grabs her hand. "Are you busy today?"

"Not really." Chaeyoung says. "I was just going to go home and draw. I'm going to sketch Ally, she gave me a photo for it and everything."

"Would you want to come with us?" Lisa asks. "To the Easter egg hunt? You can help Jules with me."

Chaeyoung hums in thought. "Okay then. I will come with you. But I have to go home first and drop off the groceries."

Jules grins. "Camp is c-coming with us?"

"Yep," Lisa nods in confirmation. "The badass Camp is coming to hunt for Easter eggs with us."

"We already established that I'm badass, Lili," Chaeyoung says as she follows Lisa to the checkout. "We don't need to say it again. I know I am."

Lisa rolls her eyes. "You're a softie and you know it."

Chaeyoung frowns. "What does that have to do with me being badass?"

"Camp is s-super cool!" Jules exclaims. "She's really n-nice and f-fun."

Chaeyoung beams. "Yes. I'm fun. You're a loser, Lili."

"I'm being bullied," Lisa pouts, "You're such a meanie. I take it back, you're not a softie, you're a meanie."