seventy four

Chaeyoung thinks that Irene Bae is magical.

Because for the very first time in her life, Chaeyoung is losing at Monopoly, and Irene is the one beating her. Chaeyoung knows there's no way this is actually happening, because obviously, Irene has magic powers, and is bewitching her, so Chaeyoung will lose.

When Irene lands on the second dark blue property, Chaeyoung whines. "No! I'm supposed to collect those, because blue is my favourite colour."

"Kick her ass, Irene," Lisa says, watching them from the side - she'd gone bankrupt in the first ten minutes of the game. "Come on. Team Bae for the win."

"Hey!" Chaeyoung pouts indignantly. "You're supposed to root for me. I'm your girlfriend."

"Yeah, and seeing someone else kick your ass at a board game is making me feel very fulfilled," Lisa smirks at her, "since, you know, you kick my ass every time we play."

"I- I don't," Chaeyoung bites down on her bottom lip, "well, I do, but not on purpose. I'm just better than you."

Irene plays with her fake money and looks up at Chaeyoung, her gaze resting on the collar of her friend's shirt. "Do you- um, do you want it? Because I won't buy it if you want to collect them."

"Irene, no," Lisa says before Chaeyoung can answer, "don't let her have it, because then she'll have a set, and she can build houses and shit. And then she'll win."

Hyeri walks back in from the kitchen with drinks for her and Chaeyoung, "Who's winning?"

"Irene," Chaeyoung pouts, staring over at her friend, who is still deciding on buying the property or not. "It's not fair."

"It's actually very fair," Lisa points out, "you're finally getting a taste of your own medicine, Rosie. Suck it up."

Chaeyoung looks up at her in confusion. "I'm not sick, I don't need any medicine."

Lisa smiles and ruffles her girlfriend's hair. "It was a figure of speech. Like, you're experiencing what you put others through when you beat them."

"Oh," Chaeyoung frowns down at the board. "Couldn't you have just said that instead of talking about medicine? That's dumb."

Irene holds out the property card, "Do you want it? Because I'm not collecting the blue ones."

"Yes, please!" Chaeyoung exchanges fake money with Irene, and when she has the property card on the floor next to the other one, she claps her hands three times and moves around the board to hug Irene. "Thanks, Rene. You're nicer than some people."

"Well, yeah, some people are murderers," Irene points out, hugging Chaeyoung back, "I'm way nicer than them."

Chaeyoung pulls away and laughs. "I was- um, shading Lili. Though I'm still not quite sure what being rude has to do with the shade."

Lisa pouts, and Hyeri laughs at her. "Rude, Rosie. No tummy rubs for you."

"No!" Chaeyoung exclaims. "I'm sorry for shading you. I will not do it again."

Lisa kisses the top of Chaeyoung's head. "I was kidding. But I'm still rooting for Team Bae."

"But that's not fair," Chaeyoung folds her arms across her chest, "because Hyeri's doing that, too. So I have nobody supporting me."

After a few moments, Lisa feels guilty and huffs. "Fine. I'm Team Park."

Chaeyoung smiles proudly. "As you should be."

Lisa's stomach flutters when Chaeyoung rests her head on her shoulder as she takes her next turn. "Sorry, Irene. Guess I have to root for this loser instead."